Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Running problem

Running problem

Alan T

VWD 2010
I copy all my asp project into a physical location in my pc.
Set up a virtual directory under IIS.

Open the browser for the main page.
eg
http://localhost/TestSite20100707/main.aspx

Got the error on the page showing the webconfig contents:

Configuration Error

Parser Error Message: Unrecognized attribute 'targetFramework'. Note that
attribute names are case-sensitive.

Source Error:

Line 18: </connectionStrings>
Line 19: <system.web>
Line 20: <compilation debug="true" targetFramework="4.0">
Line 21: <assemblies>
Line 22: <add assembly="System.Design, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A"/>

Source File: C:\Temp\TestSite\web.config Line: 20

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.3607;
ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.3614

I checked Registry that I have already installed .NET framework and ASP .NET
are both version 4.0.

Why the last line at the bottom shows .NET framework version 2.xx?

Mr. Arnold

On 7/6/2010 9:10 PM, Alan T wrote:
> VWD 2010
> I copy all my asp project into a physical location in my pc.
> Set up a virtual directory under IIS.
>
> Open the browser for the main page.
> eg
> http://localhost/TestSite20100707/main.aspx
>
> Got the error on the page showing the webconfig contents:
>

> Configuration Error
> required to service this request. Please review the specific error details
> below and modify your configuration file appropriately.
>
> Parser Error Message: Unrecognized attribute 'targetFramework'. Note that
> attribute names are case-sensitive.
>
> Source Error:
>
> Line 18: </connectionStrings>
> Line 19: <system.web>
> Line 20: <compilation debug="true" targetFramework="4.0">
> Line 21: <assemblies>
> Line 22: <add assembly="System.Design, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,
> PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A"/>
>
> Source File: C:\Temp\TestSite\web.config Line: 20

> Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.3607;
> ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.3614
>

> I checked Registry that I have already installed .NET framework and ASP .NET
> are both version 4.0.
>
> Why the last line at the bottom shows .NET framework version 2.xx?

Maybe, because you have not configured the IIS App Pool to use .Net
Framework 4.0 and it's using 2.0?

glademir

Running,Running! audit2 Firefox 1 02-01-2008 09:27 PM
Running into MTU issues with VPN running on Cisco 7206VXR amit1017 Cisco 1 10-18-2007 01:03 PM
Problem Running Application on NetBeans 5.5 Problem!! ajaywadhwani@gmail.com Java 2 12-28-2006 05:02 PM
modify a long-running python script while it is running? Benjamin Rutt Python 2 12-20-2005 01:42 PM
I'm trying to network a deasktop running 98SE and a laptop running XP. Marc Computer Support 8 11-19-2003 03:01 AM

Advertisments