Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Windows Explorer File Find Function missing

Windows Explorer File Find Function missing

Nunya

Hey guys.

I have a new problem. My Windows file Explorer no longer has a find
function or dialog.

Hitting Ctrl+logokey+F yields an error:

"The active directory domain service is currently unavailable."

Is this common? Is there a known solution?

Thanks for any assistance in this matter.

Carlos

Hi,
What operating system are you using?
What are you trying to find?
My best hunch is that you should use Ctrl+F instead of Ctrl+Winkey+F

Carlos

"Nunya" wrote:

> Hey guys.
>
> I have a new problem. My Windows file Explorer no longer has a find
> function or dialog.
>
> Hitting Ctrl+logokey+F yields an error:
>
> "The active directory domain service is currently unavailable."
>
> Is this common? Is there a known solution?
>
> Thanks for any assistance in this matter.
> .

Robert Aldwinckle

"Nunya" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hey guys.
>
> I have a new problem. My Windows file Explorer no longer has a find
> function or dialog.

Did you try pressing F3 or Ctrl-e ; )

> Hitting Ctrl+logokey+F yields an error:

Win-F opens a disfunctional Search Results window for me in W7. So I
would try Win-E and F3 instead--less work and less annoying getting that
working than starting from the other.

BTW you may not be missing much. I still find that dir/a/b/s in a cmd
window beats a Windows Search more often than not. Even PowerShell's dir
can be faster!

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle
---