Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > The battle begins - US DoJ Versus the state of Arizona

The battle begins - US DoJ Versus the state of Arizona

richard

http://www.cnn.com/2010/POLITICS/07/...ation.lawsuit/

<quote>
Arizona's law requires immigrants to carry their alien registration
documents at all times and allows police to question the residency status
of people in the course of enforcing another law. It also targets
businesses that hire illegal immigrant laborers or knowingly transport
them.
</quote>

Dear Mr. Holder:

I would like to bring to your attention that it is not necessary for the
state to make a law regarding alien visitors to carry the documentation
they were give at all times.

IT IS A DAMN US FEDERAL LAW!

Further, the law defines quite clearly under what conditions officers may
even ask for that documentation.

While you scream and holler about a state interfering, federal agents from
ICE are routinely entering businesses with no warrant and illegally
detaining citizens purely to determine who is legally allowed to be in the
country.

I for one, applaud Jan Brewer for having the balls to sign the law.

OldGringo38

On 7/6/2010 2:43 PM Just to please that super-ego, richard wrote the
following tidbit of information:
> http://www.cnn.com/2010/POLITICS/07/...ation.lawsuit/
>
> <quote>
> Arizona's law requires immigrants to carry their alien registration
> documents at all times and allows police to question the residency status
> of people in the course of enforcing another law. It also targets
> businesses that hire illegal immigrant laborers or knowingly transport
> them.
> </quote>
>
> Dear Mr. Holder:
>
> I would like to bring to your attention that it is not necessary for the
> state to make a law regarding alien visitors to carry the documentation
> they were give at all times.
>
> IT IS A DAMN US FEDERAL LAW!
>
> Further, the law defines quite clearly under what conditions officers may
> even ask for that documentation.
>
> While you scream and holler about a state interfering, federal agents from
> ICE are routinely entering businesses with no warrant and illegally
> detaining citizens purely to determine who is legally allowed to be in the
> country.
>
> I for one, applaud Jan Brewer for having the balls to sign the law.

Relax, stress is detrimental to your health.

--
OldGringo38
Just West Of Nowhere

Respondant

OldGringo38 wrote:

> On 7/6/2010 2:43 PM Just to please that super-ego, richard wrote the
> following tidbit of information:
>> http://www.cnn.com/2010/POLITICS/07/...ation.lawsuit/
>>
>> <quote>
>> Arizona's law requires immigrants to carry their alien registration
>> documents at all times and allows police to question the residency
>> status of people in the course of enforcing another law. It also
>> targets businesses that hire illegal immigrant laborers or knowingly
>> transport them.
>> </quote>
>>
>> Dear Mr. Holder:
>>
>> I would like to bring to your attention that it is not necessary for
>> the state to make a law regarding alien visitors to carry the
>> documentation they were give at all times.
>>
>> IT IS A DAMN US FEDERAL LAW!
>>
>> Further, the law defines quite clearly under what conditions
>> officers may even ask for that documentation.
>>
>> While you scream and holler about a state interfering, federal
>> agents from ICE are routinely entering businesses with no warrant
>> and illegally detaining citizens purely to determine who is legally
>> allowed to be in the country.
>>
>> I for one, applaud Jan Brewer for having the balls to sign the law.

> Relax, stress is detrimental to your health.

As much as it pains me to say it, (IMO) RtS is correct if he agrees with
Brewer/Arizona's *RIGHT* (and it IS within states rights) to enforce such a
law. I also admire Brewer's courage to stand up to the libs. I live in NJ
where we've been "feeling the pain" from another direction. But now that
Governor Christie has grabbed the bull by the horns and refused to cave to
Unions (schools or otherwise) I believe our future looks brighter. And
that's REAL, "Hope and change" Not the bullshit the Obamatrons continue to
readily consume.

OldGringo38

On 7/6/2010 3:38 PM Just to please that super-ego, Respondant wrote the
following tidbit of information:
> OldGringo38 wrote:
>
>> On 7/6/2010 2:43 PM Just to please that super-ego, richard wrote the
>> following tidbit of information:
>>> http://www.cnn.com/2010/POLITICS/07/...ation.lawsuit/
>>>
>>> <quote>
>>> Arizona's law requires immigrants to carry their alien registration
>>> documents at all times and allows police to question the residency
>>> status of people in the course of enforcing another law. It also
>>> targets businesses that hire illegal immigrant laborers or knowingly
>>> transport them.
>>> </quote>
>>>
>>> Dear Mr. Holder:
>>>
>>> I would like to bring to your attention that it is not necessary for
>>> the state to make a law regarding alien visitors to carry the
>>> documentation they were give at all times.
>>>
>>> IT IS A DAMN US FEDERAL LAW!
>>>
>>> Further, the law defines quite clearly under what conditions
>>> officers may even ask for that documentation.
>>>
>>> While you scream and holler about a state interfering, federal
>>> agents from ICE are routinely entering businesses with no warrant
>>> and illegally detaining citizens purely to determine who is legally
>>> allowed to be in the country.
>>>
>>> I for one, applaud Jan Brewer for having the balls to sign the law.

>> Relax, stress is detrimental to your health.

> As much as it pains me to say it, (IMO) RtS is correct if he agrees with
> Brewer/Arizona's *RIGHT* (and it IS within states rights) to enforce such a
> law. I also admire Brewer's courage to stand up to the libs. I live in NJ
> where we've been "feeling the pain" from another direction. But now that
> Governor Christie has grabbed the bull by the horns and refused to cave to
> Unions (schools or otherwise) I believe our future looks brighter. And
> that's REAL, "Hope and change" Not the bullshit the Obamatrons continue to
> readily consume.

It will all work out for the best. Not to worry.

--
OldGringo38
Just West Of Nowhere
Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
http://www.NuBoy-Industries.Com

chuckcar

"Respondant" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:i1048o$jrj$(E-Mail Removed):

> OldGringo38 wrote:
>
>> On 7/6/2010 2:43 PM Just to please that super-ego, richard wrote the
>> following tidbit of information:
>>> http://www.cnn.com/2010/POLITICS/07/...ation.lawsuit/
>>>
>>> <quote>
>>> Arizona's law requires immigrants to carry their alien registration
>>> documents at all times and allows police to question the residency
>>> status of people in the course of enforcing another law. It also
>>> targets businesses that hire illegal immigrant laborers or knowingly
>>> transport them.
>>> </quote>
>>>
>>> Dear Mr. Holder:
>>>
>>> I would like to bring to your attention that it is not necessary for
>>> the state to make a law regarding alien visitors to carry the
>>> documentation they were give at all times.
>>>
>>> IT IS A DAMN US FEDERAL LAW!
>>>
>>> Further, the law defines quite clearly under what conditions
>>> officers may even ask for that documentation.
>>>
>>> While you scream and holler about a state interfering, federal
>>> agents from ICE are routinely entering businesses with no warrant
>>> and illegally detaining citizens purely to determine who is legally
>>> allowed to be in the country.
>>>
>>> I for one, applaud Jan Brewer for having the balls to sign the law.

>> Relax, stress is detrimental to your health.

> As much as it pains me to say it, (IMO) RtS is correct if he agrees
> with Brewer/Arizona's *RIGHT* (and it IS within states rights) to
> enforce such a law. I also admire Brewer's courage to stand up to the
> libs. I live in NJ where we've been "feeling the pain" from another
> direction. But now that Governor Christie has grabbed the bull by the
> horns and refused to cave to Unions (schools or otherwise) I believe
> our future looks brighter. And that's REAL, "Hope and change" Not
> the bullshit the Obamatrons continue to readily consume.

Nonsence. He's usurping federal authority. Something arguably called
sedition by definition.

--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

chuckcar

richard <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> http://www.cnn.com/2010/POLITICS/07/...ation.lawsuit/
>
> <quote>
> Arizona's law requires immigrants to carry their alien registration
> documents at all times and allows police to question the residency
> status of people in the course of enforcing another law. It also
> targets businesses that hire illegal immigrant laborers or knowingly
> transport them.
> </quote>
>
> Dear Mr. Holder:
>
> I would like to bring to your attention that it is not necessary for
> the state to make a law regarding alien visitors to carry the
> documentation they were give at all times.
>
> IT IS A DAMN US FEDERAL LAW!

No, it's a law that you *don't* have to carry ID at all times. A Federal
one.

--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

Jordon

Evan Platt wrote:
> On Tue, 6 Jul 2010 16:38:55 -0400, "Respondant"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> As much as it pains me to say it, (IMO) RtS is correct

> Two things come to mind:
>
> A. A broken clock is right twice a day.
> B. You know the saying about a room with infinite monkeys pounding on
> a keyboard eventually turning out the works of Shakespeare. However in
> this case, richard pounding on the keyboard, the theory is he will
> eventually come up with something that's correct.

I still won't believe it.

Respondant

Evan Platt wrote:

> On Tue, 6 Jul 2010 16:38:55 -0400, "Respondant"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> As much as it pains me to say it, (IMO) RtS is correct

> Two things come to mind:
>
> A. A broken clock is right twice a day.
> B. You know the saying about a room with infinite monkeys pounding on
> a keyboard eventually turning out the works of Shakespeare. However in
> this case, richard pounding on the keyboard, the theory is he will
> eventually come up with something that's correct.

Odd. Two things comes to my mind about you as well;

A. You seem to be fixated on proving Chuckcar wrong at every instance.

B. You seem to be fixated on proving 'RtS' wrong at every instance.

Granted, they *ARE* both wrong in nearly every instance, but still, you seem
more than a bit obsessed with yer "job".

Just sayin'.

Bill

OldGringo38

On 7/6/2010 4:18 PM Just to please that super-ego, Evan Platt wrote the
following tidbit of information:
> On Tue, 6 Jul 2010 16:38:55 -0400, "Respondant"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> As much as it pains me to say it, (IMO) RtS is correct

> Two things come to mind:
>
> A. A broken clock is right twice a day.
> B. You know the saying about a room with infinite monkeys pounding on
> a keyboard eventually turning out the works of Shakespeare. However in
> this case, richard pounding on the keyboard, the theory is he will
> eventually come up with something that's correct.

<g>

--
OldGringo38
Just West Of Nowhere
Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
http://www.NuBoy-Industries.Com

chuckcar

"Respondant" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:i107en$skp$(E-Mail Removed):

> Evan Platt wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 6 Jul 2010 16:38:55 -0400, "Respondant"
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>> As much as it pains me to say it, (IMO) RtS is correct

>> Two things come to mind:
>>
>> A. A broken clock is right twice a day.
>> B. You know the saying about a room with infinite monkeys pounding on
>> a keyboard eventually turning out the works of Shakespeare. However
>> in this case, richard pounding on the keyboard, the theory is he will
>> eventually come up with something that's correct.

> Odd. Two things comes to my mind about you as well;
>
> A. You seem to be fixated on proving Chuckcar wrong at every
> instance.
>
> B. You seem to be fixated on proving 'RtS' wrong at every instance.
>
> Granted, they *ARE* both wrong in nearly every instance, but still,
> you seem more than a bit obsessed with yer "job".
>
> Just sayin'.

Provide statistical proof.

Just saying.

--