Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > change window 7 to xp home

change window 7 to xp home

Meat Plow

On Tue, 06 Jul 2010 13:24:40 +0000, Dan C ǝʇoɹʍ:

> On Tue, 06 Jul 2010 13:11:58 +0000, Meat Plow wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 06 Jul 2010 12:49:44 +0100, Timbo ǝʇoɹʍ:
>>
>>> Sorry mike,
>>> got from Novatech it's a IFORCE build could have bought it with no
>>> operating

>> I just built an AMD PhenomII X4 quad core 3.2 ghz system after my AMD
>> Athlon x64 single core 2 ghz motherboard crashed and burned.
>>
>> Both hardware setups were entirely different. Only thing in common was
>> the AMD based CPU architecture.
>>
>> I was flabbergasted when Win 7 previously installed on the old system
>> actually booted up on the new platform. And even more flabbergasted
>> when Win 7 self-downloaded every new driver and tidbit the new hardware
>> needed to run at top speed.
>>
>> So I have to wonder how much trouble anyone could have running Win 7 on
>> any hardware platform. We us it here on a Dell Mini 910 netbook with a
>> 7.4 gig solid state hard drive for ****'s sake. And on an old Toshiba
>> S1901 laptop from 2003. Some of the devices like sound, wifi, and video
>> on the Toshiba are using Win XP drivers. So I really have to question
>> your problems. I think you may have some malfunctioning hardware
>> especially the RAM if you are having problems with 7.

> H[SLAP]

Slip back under your rock, troll....BEGONE before I call the Troll Slayer
to doeth away with your trollup self.!

joevan

On 06 Jul 2010 13:24:40 GMT, Dan C <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>On Tue, 06 Jul 2010 13:11:58 +0000, Meat Plow wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 06 Jul 2010 12:49:44 +0100, Timbo ??o??:
>>
>>> Sorry mike,
>>> got from Novatech it's a IFORCE build could have bought it with no
>>> operating

>> I just built an AMD PhenomII X4 quad core 3.2 ghz system after my AMD
>> Athlon x64 single core 2 ghz motherboard crashed and burned.
>>
>> Both hardware setups were entirely different. Only thing in common was
>> the AMD based CPU architecture.
>>
>> I was flabbergasted when Win 7 previously installed on the old system
>> actually booted up on the new platform. And even more flabbergasted when
>> Win 7 self-downloaded every new driver and tidbit the new hardware
>> needed to run at top speed.
>>
>> So I have to wonder how much trouble anyone could have running Win 7 on
>> any hardware platform. We us it here on a Dell Mini 910 netbook with a
>> 7.4 gig solid state hard drive for ****'s sake. And on an old Toshiba
>> S1901 laptop from 2003. Some of the devices like sound, wifi, and video
>> on the Toshiba are using Win XP drivers. So I really have to question
>> your problems. I think you may have some malfunctioning hardware
>> especially the RAM if you are having problems with 7.

>Hehe, you're just a regular little Bill Gates fan-boi, aren'tcha?
>
>Silly ignorant Win-droid. LOL

Nope, just some of those smart people who knows something good when we
work with it a while. What do you have to offer wimp.

Mike Easter

Timbo wrote:

> Novatech it's a IFORCE build could have bought it with no operating
> system on,

http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/pc/range/iforge.html iForge Intel I7
920 6GB DDR3 1TB SATAII HDD Nvidia GTX470 1280Mb PCI-E Graphics Blu Ray Rom

Novatech only sells it with no OS or some Win7, not XP.

But the Intel mobo and NVidia graphics card all have drivers for XP.

I'm glad we don't have to pay that much for hardware around here.

--
Mike Easter

Meat Plow

On Tue, 06 Jul 2010 10:25:00 -0400, joevan ǝʇoɹʍ:

> On 06 Jul 2010 13:24:40 GMT, Dan C <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>On Tue, 06 Jul 2010 13:11:58 +0000, Meat Plow wrote:
>>
>>> On Tue, 06 Jul 2010 12:49:44 +0100, Timbo ??o??:

>>> I just built an AMD PhenomII X4 quad core 3.2 ghz system after my AMD
>>> Athlon x64 single core 2 ghz motherboard crashed and burned.
>>>
>>> Both hardware setups were entirely different. Only thing in common was
>>> the AMD based CPU architecture.
>>>
>>> I was flabbergasted when Win 7 previously installed on the old system
>>> actually booted up on the new platform. And even more flabbergasted
>>> when Win 7 self-downloaded every new driver and tidbit the new
>>> hardware needed to run at top speed.
>>>
>>> So I have to wonder how much trouble anyone could have running Win 7
>>> on any hardware platform. We us it here on a Dell Mini 910 netbook
>>> with a 7.4 gig solid state hard drive for ****'s sake. And on an old
>>> Toshiba S1901 laptop from 2003. Some of the devices like sound, wifi,
>>> and video on the Toshiba are using Win XP drivers. So I really have to
>>> question your problems. I think you may have some malfunctioning
>>> hardware especially the RAM if you are having problems with 7.

>>Hehe, you're just a regular little Bill Gates fan-boi, aren'tcha?
>>
>>Silly ignorant Win-droid. LOL

> Nope, just some of those smart people who knows something good when we
> work with it a while. What do you have to offer wimp.

Thing is besides Dan being a ****ing troll is I use Mac and Linux more
every day than Windows. I got up at 6 am as usual. Turned on the Asus
with Mandriva 2010 linux and haven't touched the Win 7 box. It's now
almost 11. I use the 7 box for creating movies from digital video.
WHat used to take hours on the AMD Athlon x64 3200 now takes minutes.
on the quad core PhenomII. Last evening I created a movie for my phone.
Went from DVD5 - 4500 MBs to 340 MBs 320x244 MP4. That used to take about
2 hours on the old PC. Now takes 11 minutes. And the operating system was
installed on the old PC and migrated without a single burp to the new.

I use linux for mostly internet and over the net financial stuff. The
Macbook Pro is used for digital audio mixdowns, some browsing.
I just replaced the battery on the Macbook. It started to swell and
pushed up on the fingerpad buttons rendering them inoperable. Couldn't
use an external mouse since the touchpad buttons were pushed on.
Took it to the local Apple shop since my extended Appelcare runs out in
Dec. New battery free of charge. Got my nice 17" display notebook back.

nut

"Timbo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> memory 3 x2gb ddr3 133mhz speed 1333mhz

Bear in mind you'll need Windows XP 64 bit to utilize 6GB of RAM.

Aardvark

On Tue, 06 Jul 2010 11:38:18 +0100, Timbo wrote:

> need to be a step by step guide and very easy as not too good at pc
> sorry.

not to gud at writin neither, r u.

Dan C

On Tue, 06 Jul 2010 10:25:00 -0400, joevan wrote:

> On 06 Jul 2010 13:24:40 GMT, Dan C <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>On Tue, 06 Jul 2010 13:11:58 +0000, Meat Plow wrote:
>>
>>> On Tue, 06 Jul 2010 12:49:44 +0100, Timbo ??o??:

>>> I just built an AMD PhenomII X4 quad core 3.2 ghz system after my AMD
>>> Athlon x64 single core 2 ghz motherboard crashed and burned.
>>>
>>> Both hardware setups were entirely different. Only thing in common was
>>> the AMD based CPU architecture.
>>>
>>> I was flabbergasted when Win 7 previously installed on the old system
>>> actually booted up on the new platform. And even more flabbergasted
>>> when Win 7 self-downloaded every new driver and tidbit the new
>>> hardware needed to run at top speed.
>>>
>>> So I have to wonder how much trouble anyone could have running Win 7
>>> on any hardware platform. We us it here on a Dell Mini 910 netbook
>>> with a 7.4 gig solid state hard drive for ****'s sake. And on an old
>>> Toshiba S1901 laptop from 2003. Some of the devices like sound, wifi,
>>> and video on the Toshiba are using Win XP drivers. So I really have to
>>> question your problems. I think you may have some malfunctioning
>>> hardware especially the RAM if you are having problems with 7.

>>Hehe, you're just a regular little Bill Gates fan-boi, aren'tcha?
>>
>>Silly ignorant Win-droid. LOL

> Nope, just some of those smart people who knows something good when we
> work with it a while.

Hahahaha! Good one! You're funny, even though you're clueless.

> What do you have to offer wimp.

Is that a question, or some form of 5th-grade dropout English?

"Bother!" said Pooh, as Piglet pulled out the Anal Intruder.

M.L.

>got from Novatech it's a IFORCE build could have bought it with no operating
>system on,
>or with window on thougt i would give it a try,did and i don't like it
>knowthat visa had loads
>of issues but well you like and learn.

>harddrive 1 tb 3.5" 7200pm SATA hard drive

Installing XP onto a SATA hard drive won't be fun.

PeeCee

"Timbo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> need help please
> got a new with window 7 do not like had loads of problems,
> want to change to xp home
>
> read some where need to change bio have not a clue how to do
>
> need to be a step by step guide and very easy as not too good at pc sorry.
>
> Cheers Tim

Timbo

To change to Windows XP Home you will need the following:

1. An install CD with XP Home on it, plus its Certificate of Authenticity.
2. XP compatible drivers for your motherboard.
3. XP compatible drivers for your Video card.

It is unlikely you will need to "change bio" as you put it (assume you mean
"Change Bios") though not impossible.

A howto guide:

1. Backup any personal data from the Windows 7 installation that you need as
it will be wiped (as in gone, history, disappeared) during the XP install.
2. Place the XP CD in the DVD drive and restart the PC.
If the PC does not boot from the CD, go into the Bios and set the DVD as the
first bootable device.
The exact location of this option should be in the motherboard manual
supplied with your PC.
If you didn't get it go back and ask for it.
3 Follow the instructions on screen to install windows.
4 When you get to the screen that shows the partitions on your hard drive,
highlight each in turn and press the delete key.
Follow the instructions on the screen.
5 Now just follow the instructions on screen to install Windows XP.
6. When Windows XP has finished installing (usually reboots at least once)
load the driver disk that came with your motherboard and install the
drivers.
7. When the motherboard drivers have loaded and any reboots have finished,
load the Video card driver disk and install those drivers.
8. Install your Anti Virus (download beforehand if necessary)
9 Connect to the Internet and Update your copy of XP from Windows Update,
Start, All programs, Windows Update near the top of the list.
(there should be 80-90 updates so broadband is preferred)
10 Add any other programs and utilities you have and restore your data.

Note this is not the only way to do it and it does not contain 'all' the
steps required.
You are expected to use your intelligence to read what's on the screen and
read any documentation you have.
If this is to complicated for you then I would counsel you to employ the
services of someone that has the requisite skills.

Having posted all that I can only add my voice to those recommending you
stick with Windows 7.
Remember you can go back to before your failed Adobe Reader install with
System Restore.
To find it just type "System Restore" into the search bar just above the
start button.
(Click 'Start' and just start typing)

Best
Paul.

M.L.

>>>got from Novatech it's a IFORCE build could have bought it with no operating
>>>system on,
>>>or with window on thougt i would give it a try,did and i don't like it
>>>knowthat visa had loads
>>>of issues but well you like and learn.

>>>harddrive 1 tb 3.5" 7200pm SATA hard drive

>>Installing XP onto a SATA hard drive won't be fun.

>Why not?

Because XP doesn't natively support SATA so one has to download the XP
SATA hd controller drivers from the chipset manufacturer's website,
copy them onto a floppy/floppies, then press F6 at a specific point
during the XP install in order to insert those drivers from the
floppy. Those drivers will need to be inserted each time XP is
reinstalled.

If you don't have a floppy you can integrate the SATA drivers into
your XP install CD with nLite.