Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > At the speed of light

At the speed of light

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

chucktard wrote:

>> chucktard wrote:
>>> Only with rifles and the like. It may even be limited to "sniper"
>>> rifles.

> Yes, cross sectional area vs propulsive force. Rifle bullets are
> longer in relation to their width. Hence higher speeds. Along with
> the longer barrel allowing the bullet to develop a higher top speed.

One day soon -- I'm confident! -- you will do some research on subjects
you don't know anything about. Even a standard Glock 17 has a muzzle
velocity higher (faster) than the speed of sound, so you would never
hear it before the bullet hit you.

Now if your antagonist was a collector of antique weapons, such as a
Colt .45 Peacemaker, you may get lucky and actually hear the boom before
you die. Just.

--
-bts

Aardvark

On Wed, 07 Jul 2010 19:36:36 -0400, Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:

> chucktard wrote:

>> Yes, cross sectional area vs propulsive force. Rifle bullets are longer
>> in relation to their width. Hence higher speeds. Along with the longer
>> barrel allowing the bullet to develop a higher top speed.

> One day soon -- I'm confident! -- you will do some research on subjects
> you don't know anything about. Even a standard Glock 17 has a muzzle
> velocity higher (faster) than the speed of sound, so you would never
> hear it before the bullet hit you.

And what people call 'silencers' (they're really velocity suppressors)
mainly reduce the speed of the projectile to sub-sonic- no chance of a
sonic 'crack'. If this is the case, I'll bet chuckie wonders why anyone
would fit one to a pistol.

> Now if your antagonist was a collector of antique weapons, such as a
> Colt .45 Peacemaker, you may get lucky and actually hear the boom before
> you die. Just.

That'd be a real comfort, eh?

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Aardvark wrote:

> Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
>> One day soon -- I'm confident! -- you will do some research on
>> subjects you don't know anything about. Even a standard Glock 17 has
>> a muzzle velocity higher (faster) than the speed of sound, so you
>> would never hear it before the bullet hit you.

> And what people call 'silencers' (they're really velocity
> suppressors) mainly reduce the speed of the projectile to sub-sonic-
> no chance of a sonic 'crack'. If this is the case, I'll bet chuckie
> wonders why anyone would fit one to a pistol.

Gosh, I hope you haven't convinced chuckie that the sub-sonic Peacemaker
is quiet!

--
-bts

Mike Yetto

chuckcar <(E-Mail Removed)> writes and having writ moves on.
> Mike Yetto <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:(E-Mail Removed)-september.org:
>
>> chuckcar <(E-Mail Removed)> writes and having writ moves on.
>>> Mike Yetto <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)-september.org:
>>>>
>>> Wrong. Time dilation *at* the speed of light is infinite:
>>>
>>> tau= 1/(1-(v^2/c^2)
>>>
>>> when v->c t->infinity.
>>>
>>> And this multiplier applies to both time and mass along with
>>> determining the red/blue doppler shift.

>> relativity and ask for a refund. It is obvious that a fraud has
>> been perpetrated upon a brilliant mind.
>>

> You *really* think so? then show what's wrong (aside from the missed square
> root) above.

Your lack of understanding.

Mike "*any* understanding" Yetto
In practice they are not.

chuckcar

Mike Yetto <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed)-september.org:

> chuckcar <(E-Mail Removed)> writes and having writ moves on.
>> Mike Yetto <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)-september.org:
>>
>>> chuckcar <(E-Mail Removed)> writes and having writ moves on.

>>> relativity and ask for a refund. It is obvious that a fraud has
>>> been perpetrated upon a brilliant mind.
>>>

>> You *really* think so? then show what's wrong (aside from the missed
>> square root) above.
>>

> Your lack of understanding.
>
> Mike "*any* understanding" Yetto

No proof. Well if you won't admit when you're in over your head and get
yourself into such situations, that's hardly *my* fault.

--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

LSMFT

OldGringo38 wrote:
> On 7/6/2010 11:45 AM Just to please that super-ego, LSMFT wrote the
> following tidbit of information:
>> OldGringo38 wrote:
>>> If light travels at 5,865,696,000,000 miles a year, do we have any way
>>> of knowing if light we see in outer space is still out there?
>>> http://www.csmonitor.com/Science/Coo...hole-slingshot
>>>

>>> Were talking about 80 Bullion light years away here.
>>>

>> Light from stars billions of light years away may have already blown up.
>>

> My assumption all along. So we could have been created by a God, and
> find ourselves all alone in the universe.

No, god was created because of that superstitious funny feeling during
an orgasm.

--
LSMFT

I don't like to interrupt her.

OldGringo38

On 7/8/2010 7:57 AM Just to please that super-ego, LSMFT wrote the
following tidbit of information:
> OldGringo38 wrote:
>> On 7/6/2010 11:45 AM Just to please that super-ego, LSMFT wrote the
>> following tidbit of information:

>>> Light from stars billions of light years away may have already blown up.
>>>

>> My assumption all along. So we could have been created by a God, and
>> find ourselves all alone in the universe.
>>

> No, god was created because of that superstitious funny feeling during
> an orgasm.

O M G LOL Being an old fart, does LSMFT mean what I think it does?

--
OldGringo38
Just West Of Nowhere

OldGringo38

On 7/8/2010 8:07 AM Just to please that super-ego, Meat Plow wrote the
following tidbit of information:
> On Thu, 08 Jul 2010 08:01:58 -0500, OldGringo38
> <(E-Mail Removed)>wrote:
>
>> On 7/8/2010 7:57 AM Just to please that super-ego, LSMFT wrote the
>> following tidbit of information:

>>> No, god was created because of that superstitious funny feeling during
>>> an orgasm.
>>>

>> O M G LOL Being an old fart, does LSMFT mean what I think it does?

> Loose Straps Means Flabby Tits?

LOL not quite: Lucky Strikes Means Fine Tobacco
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucky_Strike

--

On Wed, 07 Jul 2010 21:32:45 -0400, Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:

> Aardvark wrote:
>
>> Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
>>> One day soon -- I'm confident! -- you will do some research on
>>> subjects you don't know anything about. Even a standard Glock 17 has a
>>> muzzle velocity higher (faster) than the speed of sound, so you would
>>> never hear it before the bullet hit you.

>> And what people call 'silencers' (they're really velocity suppressors)
>> mainly reduce the speed of the projectile to sub-sonic- no chance of a
>> sonic 'crack'. If this is the case, I'll bet chuckie wonders why anyone
>> would fit one to a pistol.

> Gosh, I hope you haven't convinced chuckie that the sub-sonic Peacemaker
> is quiet!

But deadly. Like some of the farts I come out with.

Mike Yetto

Meat Plow <(E-Mail Removed)> writes and having writ moves on.
> On Thu, 08 Jul 2010 09:36:21 -0500, OldGringo38
><(E-Mail Removed)>wrote:
>
>>On 7/8/2010 8:07 AM Just to please that super-ego, Meat Plow wrote the
>>following tidbit of information:

>>> Loose Straps Means Flabby Tits?

>>LOL not quite: Lucky Strikes Means Fine Tobacco
>>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucky_Strike

> Au Contraire, as childeren we modified the meaning of LSMFT.
> That was maybe 45 years ago

Long Spaghetti Makes Fat Teachers

Mike "among other modifications" Yetto
In practice they are not.