Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > which control is better to use

which control is better to use

JohnE

I have a table (inside a formview) that currently has one cell with address
information in it (name, address, etc). It is wrapping in the cell. I have
only added the field from the table only to find the address rather then the
ID of it from the address table. So, I am looking to "clean up" the client
name, address, etc but am undecided as to control. The address info should
have the following look to it;

client name
address 1
address 2
city, state, zip

contact name
phone number

and so on.

My first thought was gridview but that is straight line. What about a
formview? Would a listview work? Whichever control is used it will need to
be able to allow edits and updates. Also, this control would be controled by
the id that appears in another table within the original formview.

Being rather new to all this I am open to suggestions, recommendations,
links, almost anything.

Thanks...John

JohnE

"JohnE" wrote:

> I have a table (inside a formview) that currently has one cell with address
> information in it (name, address, etc). It is wrapping in the cell. I have
> only added the field from the table only to find the address rather then the
> ID of it from the address table. So, I am looking to "clean up" the client
> name, address, etc but am undecided as to control. The address info should
> have the following look to it;
>
> client name
> address 1
> address 2
> city, state, zip
>
> contact name
> phone number
>
> and so on.
>
> My first thought was gridview but that is straight line. What about a
> formview? Would a listview work? Whichever control is used it will need to
> be able to allow edits and updates. Also, this control would be controled by
> the id that appears in another table within the original formview.
>
> Being rather new to all this I am open to suggestions, recommendations,
> links, almost anything.
>
> Thanks...John

I think I have got it figured out and would go with the listview and be able
to use the different templates.

Let me know if this would be incorrect to use.

Thanks.