Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: Police State run by BP

Re: Police State run by BP

richard

On Sat, 3 Jul 2010 13:56:11 -0600, ???hw??f wrote:

> So now BP has the right to have people arrested and searched.
> Welcome to the new BP police state...
>
> "A photographer taking pictures for these articles, was detained Friday
> while shooting pictures in Texas
> City, Texas.
> The photographer, Lance Rosenfield, said that shortly after arriving in
> town, he was confronted by a BP
> security officer, local police and a man who identified himself as an
> agent of the Department of Homeland
> Security. He was released after the police reviewed the pictures he had
> taken on Friday and recorded his
> date of birth, Social Security number and other personal information.
> The police officer then turned that information over to the BP security
> guard under what he said was
> standard procedure, according to Rosenfield."
>
> http://www.commondreams.org/headline/2010/07/03-3
>

> What
> The
> ****!?

Apparently, BP has full authority from the federal government to do as they
damn well please. Why else would a DHLS agent be queestioning a
photographer? What was so earthshaking about those photographs that could
be of interest to national security? The beach is owned by the state and is
public property.

What are they gonna do when a film crew from CNN or Fox news shows up? Put
them in jail for a few days? Most likely.

I've got a good mind to go over with my cameras in hand and claim I am a
free lance photographer. Let them pull some **** on me and I'll slap their
asses in to court real quick. The judge will be a kangaroo and the jury
will be ducks and dolphins.

Tim Conway

news:1c1ghbh3afizy$(E-Mail Removed).. .
> On Sat, 3 Jul 2010 13:56:11 -0600, ???hw??f wrote:
>
>> So now BP has the right to have people arrested and searched.
>> Welcome to the new BP police state...
>>
>> "A photographer taking pictures for these articles, was detained Friday
>> while shooting pictures in Texas
>> City, Texas.
>> The photographer, Lance Rosenfield, said that shortly after arriving in
>> town, he was confronted by a BP
>> security officer, local police and a man who identified himself as an
>> agent of the Department of Homeland
>> Security. He was released after the police reviewed the pictures he had
>> taken on Friday and recorded his
>> date of birth, Social Security number and other personal information.
>> The police officer then turned that information over to the BP security
>> guard under what he said was
>> standard procedure, according to Rosenfield."
>>
>> http://www.commondreams.org/headline/2010/07/03-3
>>

>> What
>> The
>> ****!?

> Apparently, BP has full authority from the federal government to do as
> they
> damn well please. Why else would a DHLS agent be queestioning a
> photographer? What was so earthshaking about those photographs that could
> be of interest to national security? The beach is owned by the state and
> is
> public property.
>
> What are they gonna do when a film crew from CNN or Fox news shows up? Put
> them in jail for a few days? Most likely.
>
> I've got a good mind to go over with my cameras in hand and claim I am a
> free lance photographer. Let them pull some **** on me and I'll slap their
> asses in to court real quick. The judge will be a kangaroo and the jury
> will be ducks and dolphins.

"...singing the dolphins through...singing the dolphins through..."

Meat Plow

On Sat, 03 Jul 2010 15:15:52 -0400, richard ǝʇoɹʍ:

> On Sat, 3 Jul 2010 13:56:11 -0600, ???hw??f wrote:
>
>> So now BP has the right to have people arrested and searched. Welcome
>> to the new BP police state...
>>
>> "A photographer taking pictures for these articles, was detained Friday
>> while shooting pictures in Texas
>> City, Texas.
>> The photographer, Lance Rosenfield, said that shortly after arriving in
>> town, he was confronted by a BP
>> security officer, local police and a man who identified himself as an
>> agent of the Department of Homeland
>> Security. He was released after the police reviewed the pictures he had
>> taken on Friday and recorded his
>> date of birth, Social Security number and other personal information.
>> The police officer then turned that information over to the BP security
>> guard under what he said was
>> standard procedure, according to Rosenfield."
>>
>> http://www.commondreams.org/headline/2010/07/03-3
>>

>> What
>> The
>> ****!?

> Apparently, BP has full authority from the federal government to do as
> they damn well please. Why else would a DHLS agent be queestioning a
> photographer? What was so earthshaking about those photographs that
> could be of interest to national security? The beach is owned by the
> state and is public property.
>
> What are they gonna do when a film crew from CNN or Fox news shows up?
> Put them in jail for a few days? Most likely.
>
> I've got a good mind to go over with my cameras in hand and claim I am a
> free lance photographer. Let them pull some **** on me and I'll slap
> their asses in to court real quick. The judge will be a kangaroo and the
> jury will be ducks and dolphins.

Just make sure you film the part where you're kicking and screaming while
they drag you away hog-tied. There's a new season of COPS and they are
currently taking submissions.

Buffalo

richard wrote:
[snip]
> I've got a good mind to go over with my cameras in hand and claim I
> am a free lance photographer. Let them pull some **** on me and I'll
> slap their asses in to court real quick. The judge will be a kangaroo
> and the jury will be ducks and dolphins.

Damn Richard, I'm counting on you to do it!!!!
Show those stupid MF's who's boss.
Go for it!!!!!
Buffalo

joevan

On Sat, 3 Jul 2010 17:08:33 -0500, "Buffalo" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>richard wrote:
>[snip]
>> I've got a good mind to go over with my cameras in hand and claim I
>> am a free lance photographer. Let them pull some **** on me and I'll
>> slap their asses in to court real quick. The judge will be a kangaroo
>> and the jury will be ducks and dolphins.

>Damn Richard, I'm counting on you to do it!!!!
>Show those stupid MF's who's boss.
>Go for it!!!!!
>Buffalo

That would be the only great thing he ever did, I'll bet.
I'll pay for the free lance photo card paper. I figure its worth 2
cents to see him put away.

Aardvark

On Sat, 03 Jul 2010 15:15:52 -0400, richard wrote:

> I've got a good mind

Says who?