Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > problem with new firefox 3.6.6

problem with new firefox 3.6.6

mannieP@BlabbingOn.com

Well, I installed the new FireFox 3.6.6. and thought it had a problem.
I now find Google has the problem. Google's problem came up on the
same day I installed the newer FF, that's why I thought it was FF's
fault.

When I Google a search, it now throws me to a separate new page that
has a bunch of listings in a column on the left side. Those weren't
there before the other day. If I try a new search on that page, it
won't search. Nothing - absolutely nothing happens when I hit the
Search button or Enter. I have to go back to the main Google page to
start a new search. It's the same on my wife's machine, and she has FF
3.5.5. on hers.

????????????

mannieP@BlabbingOn.com

On Sat, 03 Jul 2010 09:27:26 -0500, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>Well, I installed the new FireFox 3.6.6. and thought it had a problem.
>I now find Google has the problem. Google's problem came up on the
>same day I installed the newer FF, that's why I thought it was FF's
>fault.
>
>When I Google a search, it now throws me to a separate new page that
>has a bunch of listings in a column on the left side. Those weren't
>there before the other day. If I try a new search on that page, it
>won't search. Nothing - absolutely nothing happens when I hit the
>Search button or Enter. I have to go back to the main Google page to
>start a new search. It's the same on my wife's machine, and she has FF
>3.5.5. on hers.
>
>????????????

C'mon, a whole day without an answer. It can't be just my wife and
myself that has this problem that came up with Google new search
results page.

?

Polly the Parrot

On 04/07/10 16:22, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> C'mon, a whole day without an answer. It can't be just my wife and
> myself that has this problem that came up with Google new search
> results page.

Maybe you are the only ones with this issue?

Have you tried a Google forum?

--
Worth viewing:-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptccZze7VxQ

Invisible Man

On 04/07/2010 17:14, Ed Mullen wrote:
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>> On Sat, 03 Jul 2010 09:27:26 -0500, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>>
>>> Well, I installed the new FireFox 3.6.6. and thought it had a problem.
>>> I now find Google has the problem. Google's problem came up on the
>>> same day I installed the newer FF, that's why I thought it was FF's
>>> fault.
>>>
>>> When I Google a search, it now throws me to a separate new page that
>>> has a bunch of listings in a column on the left side. Those weren't
>>> there before the other day. If I try a new search on that page, it
>>> won't search. Nothing - absolutely nothing happens when I hit the
>>> Search button or Enter. I have to go back to the main Google page to
>>> start a new search. It's the same on my wife's machine, and she has FF
>>> 3.5.5. on hers.
>>>
>>> ????????????

>> C'mon, a whole day without an answer. It can't be just my wife and
>> myself that has this problem that came up with Google new search
>> results page.
>>
>> ?

> Well, it's never happened to me. Try:
>
> Start in Safe Mode - problem solved? If so, re-start in normal mode,
> disable all themes and extensions; restart. If it's ok start to
> re-enable one by one until the problem arises. That's the answer.
>
> If that doesn't work try creating a new profile. Ok? start to transfer
> your old profile data but watch out for extensions and themes.

No problems with our 3 PCs running 3.6.6 on XP and Windows 7 64 bit.
Can only suggest you google it or search using another search engine if
google is causing you too much grief. Have you any less common software
on both machines?

rintintin@noplace.com

On Sun, 04 Jul 2010 19:09:42 +0100, Invisible Man
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On 04/07/2010 17:14, Ed Mullen wrote:
>> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>>> C'mon, a whole day without an answer. It can't be just my wife and
>>> myself that has this problem that came up with Google new search
>>> results page.
>>>
>>> ?

>> Well, it's never happened to me. Try:
>>
>> Start in Safe Mode - problem solved? If so, re-start in normal mode,
>> disable all themes and extensions; restart. If it's ok start to
>> re-enable one by one until the problem arises. That's the answer.
>>
>> If that doesn't work try creating a new profile. Ok? start to transfer
>> your old profile data but watch out for extensions and themes.
>>

>No problems with our 3 PCs running 3.6.6 on XP and Windows 7 64 bit.
>Can only suggest you google it or search using another search engine if
>google is causing you too much grief. Have you any less common software
>on both machines?

Google has been screwed up for several months using any browser. It
brings up a second link that you have to click on a second time. F__k
google. I just use a different search engine. If I was to rate
google, it would get a ONE on a scale from 1 to 10, with 10 being the
best.

Invisible Man

On 06/07/2010 11:13, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> On Sun, 04 Jul 2010 19:09:42 +0100, Invisible Man
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>> Well, it's never happened to me. Try:
>>>
>>> Start in Safe Mode - problem solved? If so, re-start in normal mode,
>>> disable all themes and extensions; restart. If it's ok start to
>>> re-enable one by one until the problem arises. That's the answer.
>>>
>>> If that doesn't work try creating a new profile. Ok? start to transfer
>>> your old profile data but watch out for extensions and themes.
>>>

>> No problems with our 3 PCs running 3.6.6 on XP and Windows 7 64 bit.
>> Can only suggest you google it or search using another search engine if
>> google is causing you too much grief. Have you any less common software
>> on both machines?

> Google has been screwed up for several months using any browser. It
> brings up a second link that you have to click on a second time. F__k
> google. I just use a different search engine. If I was to rate
> google, it would get a ONE on a scale from 1 to 10, with 10 being the
> best.

Any possibility you have some malware at work? Absolutely nothing like
that here.

jones

Actually, I am having problems lately too with Firefox 3.6. It has been so
slow in opening up websites and even worse when I first boot up the
internet. Hope we can find a solution.

In the meantime I am trying to search Firefox's Knowledge Base.
Katherine

New Jet, New Firefox Roedy Green Java 9 06-21-2008 08:12 PM
Window.Open get new tab instead of new window in FireFox Fredzidd@gmail.com Javascript 1 02-29-2008 03:06 AM
Firefox 1.0.7 or Firefox 1.5 Beta New releases are out Wild Will Computer Support 0 09-29-2005 07:00 AM