Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > .Doc and .DOCX

.Doc and .DOCX

Tom

I have Microsoft office 2003 and it is .Doc I have been getting at times a
attachment with .docx which I think is the Microsoft word 2007, Is there a
way I can keep my 2003 with the .doc and just have a program or converter to
open the .docx format. If there is can you tell me the site to find and use
and also if it is possible to keep the 2003 and also the converter . Thanks
to all

Mike Easter

Tom wrote:
> I have Microsoft office 2003 and it is .Doc I have been getting at times a
> attachment with .docx which I think is the Microsoft word 2007, Is there a
> way I can keep my 2003 with the .doc and just have a program or converter to
> open the .docx format.

Yes.

> If there is can you tell me the site to find and use
> and also if it is possible to keep the 2003 and also the converter . Thanks
> to all

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/wo...010044473.aspx
or http://peek.snipr.com/yt7pu To open Microsoft Office Word 2007 .docx
or .docm files with Microsoft Office Word 2003, Word 2002, or Word 2000,
you need to install the Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack for Word,
Excel, and PowerPoint 2007 File Formats and any necessary Office
updates. By using the Compatibility Pack for the 2007 Office system, you
can open, edit some items, and save Office Word 2007 documents in
previous versions of Word.

Also, you should tell your friends that they shouldn't be distributing
shared documents in a format which is so incompatible with so many
different word processors.

Your friends can save their documents for wharing with their Word 2007
or 2010 in a compatible format. Then they can save those same documents
for themselves for 'internal' non-shared use in whatever proprietary
format they want.

--
Mike Easter

Parko

On Fri, 02 Jul 2010 20:14:47 -0400, Tom scrawled:

> I have Microsoft office 2003 and it is .Doc I have been getting at times
> a attachment with .docx which I think is the Microsoft word 2007, Is
> there a way I can keep my 2003 with the .doc and just have a program or
> converter to open the .docx format. If there is can you tell me the site
> to find and use and also if it is possible to keep the 2003 and also the
> converter . Thanks to all

Abiword will do it with the OpenXML plugin
http://www.abisource.com/

--
You will be prompted to restart the computer.
Click Yes. Click Yes. Click Yes. Click Yes. Click Yes.