Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Think I got lucky - thistle photo

Think I got lucky - thistle photo

ray

Totally untouched photo of a thistle (canadian thistle, I think) I shot
near Cauldron Linn on the Snake River a couple of days ago.

http://www.rcarter.net/region/thistle.jpg

Ofnuts

On 02/07/2010 19:20, ray wrote:
> Totally untouched photo of a thistle (canadian thistle, I think) I shot
> near Cauldron Linn on the Snake River a couple of days ago.
>
> http://www.rcarter.net/region/thistle.jpg

The bee looks weird. Too much sharpening?

--
Bertrand

ASCII

ray wrote:
>Totally untouched photo of a thistle (canadian thistle, I think) I shot
>near Cauldron Linn on the Snake River a couple of days ago.
>
>http://www.rcarter.net/region/thistle.jpg

Nice!

Ted Banks

On 2 Jul 2010 17:20:58 GMT, ray <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Totally untouched photo of a thistle (canadian thistle, I think) I shot
>near Cauldron Linn on the Snake River a couple of days ago.
>
>http://www.rcarter.net/region/thistle.jpg

This isn't any sort of luck. This is about as basic as basic gets. Beginner
students should be able to capture images like this their first week with
their very first camera. Your example sorely needs cropping too. I'll leave
it to you to figure out the composition required of this subject. Even
remedial photographers would do this cropping and composition properly
in-camera.

Robert Coe

On Fri, 02 Jul 2010 19:31:18 +0200, Ofnuts <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
: On 02/07/2010 19:20, ray wrote:
: > Totally untouched photo of a thistle (canadian thistle, I think) I shot
: > near Cauldron Linn on the Snake River a couple of days ago.
: >
: > http://www.rcarter.net/region/thistle.jpg
: >
:
: The bee looks weird. Too much sharpening?

Aren't there two bees?

Bob

Robert Coe

On Sat, 3 Jul 2010 09:09:52 -0700, Mike Russell
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
: On Fri, 02 Jul 2010 15:17:24 -0500, Ted Banks wrote:
:
: > On 2 Jul 2010 17:20:58 GMT, ray <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
: >
: >>Totally untouched photo of a thistle (canadian thistle, I think) I shot
: >>near Cauldron Linn on the Snake River a couple of days ago.
: >>
: >>http://www.rcarter.net/region/thistle.jpg
: >
: > This isn't any sort of luck. This is about as basic as basic gets. Beginner
: > students should be able to capture images like this their first week with
: > their very first camera. Your example sorely needs cropping too. I'll leave
: > it to you to figure out the composition required of this subject. Even
: > remedial photographers would do this cropping and composition properly
: > in-camera.
:
: Pouring scorn - did you notice yet that some of it spills into your
: everyday life? Ew.

Do you not get it? He doesn't have an everyday life.

Bob

Robert Coe

On 2 Jul 2010 17:20:58 GMT, ray <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
: Totally untouched photo of a thistle (canadian thistle, I think) I shot
: near Cauldron Linn on the Snake River a couple of days ago.
:
: http://www.rcarter.net/region/thistle.jpg

Nice shot. I'd crop it so it doesn't sit quite so low in the frame.

Bob

ray

On Sat, 03 Jul 2010 13:19:49 -0400, Robert Coe wrote:

> On 2 Jul 2010 17:20:58 GMT, ray <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote: : Totally
> untouched photo of a thistle (canadian thistle, I think) I shot : near
> Cauldron Linn on the Snake River a couple of days ago. :
> : http://www.rcarter.net/region/thistle.jpg
>
> Nice shot. I'd crop it so it doesn't sit quite so low in the frame.
>
> Bob

Thanks - I did crop and print it for my mother in law. She is an artist
of some accomplishment.

Nervous Nick

On Jul 3, 12:13*pm, Robert Coe <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Fri, 02 Jul 2010 19:31:18 +0200, Ofnuts <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> : On 02/07/2010 19:20, ray wrote:
> : > Totally untouched photo of a thistle (canadian thistle, I think) I shot
> : > near Cauldron Linn on the Snake River a couple of days ago.
> : >
> : >http://www.rcarter.net/region/thistle.jpg
> : >
> :
> : The bee looks weird. Too much sharpening?
>
> Aren't there two bees?

It sure looks that way.

It looks like the bees got lucky as well as Ray.

If I didn't know better, I would say that that is two bees ****ing.

It could be a couple of funky-looking (nectar-eating) flies of some
sort having conjugal relations, but it wouldn't be bees or wasps. I
think those insects all do that stuff in the privacy of their own
nests and in a pretty rigid caste system. Could be a yellow jacket
carrying a dead yellow jacket off to cannibalize. Strange

Peter

"Allen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ...
> Robert Coe wrote:
>> On Fri, 02 Jul 2010 19:31:18 +0200, Ofnuts <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> wrote:
>> : On 02/07/2010 19:20, ray wrote:
>> : > Totally untouched photo of a thistle (canadian thistle, I think) I
>> shot
>> : > near Cauldron Linn on the Snake River a couple of days ago.
>> : >
>> : > http://www.rcarter.net/region/thistle.jpg
>> : >
>> : : The bee looks weird. Too much sharpening?
>>
>> Aren't there two bees?
>>
>> Bob

> Or not two bees. That is the question. Actually, if there is a second bee
> in there, then it really does look weird.

Well they are both sons of bees.

If you really want to save money
Have swarms of bees fly in and out of your gas tank.
It will then become filled with bee pee

--
Peter