Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > hope to see ya all here

hope to see ya all here

Vjekoslav

Server > 127.0.0.1
newsgruop Technet.en-US.w7itprogeneral

It`s windows 7 (x86/x64) group

Vjekoslav

To be able to run this.... Microsoft Forums NNTP Bridge has to be
runing...download it, create yourself a WinLiveID (if you don`t have one)and
after the installation sign in, that`s all.

Bo Persson

Vjekoslav wrote:
> To be able to run this.... Microsoft Forums NNTP Bridge has to be
> runing...download it, create yourself a WinLiveID (if you don`t
> have one)and after the installation sign in, that`s all.

Yeah, and previously we didn't have to run extra software, didn't have
to register with MS, and didn't have to sign in.

Great improvement.

Bo Persson

Charlie Russel - MVP

Not my first choice of homes, frankly. And I'd always prefer to run the
Community Bridge. Better behaved, and a much better HTML<->Text conversion,
IMHO.

We're going to try staying on the NG for the moment.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/blogs/russel

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

johnsuth@nospam.com.au

In <(E-Mail Removed) >, "R. C. White" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>Hi, Vjekoslav.
>
>Yes. But that Forum is NOT dedicated to 64-bit computing. Users of WinXP
>x64 will not feel at home there, and users of Vista x64 might feel like
>stepchildren.
>
>AND that is a FORUM, not a newsgroup, even though we can access it with a
>newsreader by using an NNTP Bridge. But many of us feel that the Forum
>interface is awkward, even when accessed via the bridge, and just not as
>friendly as this newsgroup format. If you are comfy with the Forum
>interface, you can access all of them with your browser, starting at:
>http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/default.aspx
>
>Microsoft has provided TWO NNTP Bridges. One handles the forums in the
>Microsoft Answers "brand"; the other is for forums in the MSDN, TechNet,
>Expression and Microsoft brand forums.
>
>MVP Jochen Kalmbach has written the Community NNTP Bridge which handles all
>the Forums accessible by both the Microsoft bridges - and adds many useful
>improvements. Jochen released v.1 of his bridge on May 25, 2010, and
>updated it several times a day at first, mostly adding features that we
>requested. But Build 38, released June 14, has been stable for the past
>couple of weeks. You can get it free at:
>Community Forums NNTP bridge
>http://communitybridge.codeplex.com/
>
>The Community NNTP Bridge is not officially supported by Microsoft, but many
>of us are using it. (I started with Build 9, as I recall.)

I access newsgroups from an "other than Windows" operating system. My interests
are eclectic. XPx64 is just one of the OSs I use. NNTP is best for me.