Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > Yet another binary search tree library

Yet another binary search tree library

Francis Moreau

Hello Tim,

Sorry for resurrecting this thread, but I finally took time to ask for
clarifications to the gcc-help mailing list.

This mailig list can be read through the following news server:

gmane.comp.gcc.help

and the revelant post has the following Message-ID:

Feel free to participate.

Thanks.

Tim Rentsch <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

> Francis Moreau <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

[...]

--
Francis

Francis Moreau

Hello Tim,

Sorry for resurrecting this thread, but I finally took time to ask for
clarifications to the gcc-help mailing list.

This mailig list can be read through the following news server:

gmane.comp.gcc.help

and the revelant post has the following Message-ID:

(E-Mail Removed)

Feel free to participate.

Thanks.

Tim Rentsch <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

> Francis Moreau <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>
>> On Jul 29, 7:01 am, Tim Rentsch <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

[...]

>>> I don't know whether
>>> gcc's -fstrict-aliasing is meant actually to invalidate some cases
>>> of effective type rules, but I believe it does mean at least to
>>> push into some gray areas of the effective type rules. In other
>>> words there are some plausible interpretations of what effective
>>> type rules require that using -fstrict-aliasing will fail to meet
>>> in some cases. This makes it all the more important that exactly
>>> what rules are followed by -fstrict-aliasing be documented precisely
>>> so people know just what to expect.

>> Which newsgroup/mailing-list is best for asking clarifications, in
>> your opinion ?

> I don't really know. A good place to start is probably going
> to google groups and searching for 'gcc' or 'gnu gcc' under
> the 'search for a group' box. There may be a developers or
> development-related mailing list for gcc, maybe that could
> be found by a 'gcc mail list' query on google proper? I see
> there is a 'gnu.gcc.help', that's probably a good group to
> ask this question again. These are all just guesses, of course.

--
Francis

Keith Thompson

Francis Moreau <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
> Sorry for resurrecting this thread, but I finally took time to ask for
> clarifications to the gcc-help mailing list.
>
> This mailig list can be read through the following news server:
>
> gmane.comp.gcc.help
>
> and the revelant post has the following Message-ID:
>
> (E-Mail Removed)

[...]

I believe the gcc-help mailing list is also gatewayed to the
gnu.gcc.help newsgroup, which is carried by most Usenet servers.

Nokia

Francis Moreau

> Francis Moreau <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>> Sorry for resurrecting this thread, but I finally took time to ask for
>> clarifications to the gcc-help mailing list.
>>

>> This mailig list can be read through the following news server:
>>
>> gmane.comp.gcc.help
>>
>> and the revelant post has the following Message-ID:
>>
>> (E-Mail Removed)

> [...]
>
> I believe the gcc-help mailing list is also gatewayed to the
> gnu.gcc.help newsgroup, which is carried by most Usenet servers.

It doesn't seem so...

--
Francis

Keith Thompson

Francis Moreau <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>> Francis Moreau <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>>> Sorry for resurrecting this thread, but I finally took time to ask for
>>> clarifications to the gcc-help mailing list.
>>>
>>> This mailig list can be read through the following news server:
>>>
>>> gmane.comp.gcc.help
>>>
>>> and the revelant post has the following Message-ID:
>>>
>>> (E-Mail Removed)

>> [...]
>>
>> I believe the gcc-help mailing list is also gatewayed to the
>> gnu.gcc.help newsgroup, which is carried by most Usenet servers.

> It doesn't seem so...

I was mistaken. gnu.gcc.help is carried by the Usenet server you and
I both use (eternal-september.org), but when I look at the archive
of the mailing list and at the newsgroup there's no visible overlap
(and the mailing list has much higher traffic).

Nokia