Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: The Tipping Point

Re: The Tipping Point

richard

On Thu, 1 Jul 2010 08:19:05 -0600, ???hw??f wrote:

> THose with a passing familiarity with science will know that there a
> phenomena called the "tipping point". We're near the tipping point for
> climate now:
> "Our findings indicate that CO2 levels of approximately 400 parts per
> million are sufficient to produce
> mean annual temperatures in the High Arctic of approximately zero
> degrees Celsius (32 degrees F)," said
> lead author Ashley Ballantyne of the University of Colorado at Boulder.
>
> http://www.commondreams.org/headline/2010/06/30-7

That's all fine and dandy. My computer says your computer is all full of
horsehockey and camel dung.

Falco

richard wrote:
> On Thu, 1 Jul 2010 08:19:05 -0600, ???hw??f wrote:
>
>> THose with a passing familiarity with science will know that there a
>> phenomena called the "tipping point". We're near the tipping point
>> for climate now:

Are we really - and there's me thinking that the weather events were just a
part of a cycle a few million years old.

>> "Our findings indicate that CO2 levels of approximately 400 parts per
>> million are sufficient to produce
>> mean annual temperatures in the High Arctic of approximately zero
>> degrees Celsius (32 degrees F)," >

So what's new - its happened before, wiped out around 75% or so of the life
on the planet - and the surviving life just got on with it.

>> said lead author Ashley Ballantyne of the University of Colorado at
>> Boulder.

An attention seeker if ever there was one.