Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > Can someone explain me parts of this function ?

Can someone explain me parts of this function ?

Rivka Miller

Can someone explain me the essential parts of this function,
specifically, with some examples of SNAME ? How should the SNAME look
like ?

DEFUN ("or", For, Sor, 0, UNEVALLED, 0,
doc: /* Eval args until one of them yields non-nil, then return
that
value. The remaining args are not evalled at all.
If all args return nil, return nil.
usage: (or CONDITIONS ...) */)
(args)
Lisp_Object args;
{
register Lisp_Object val = Qnil;
struct gcpro gcpro1;

GCPRO1 (args);

while (CONSP (args))
{
val = Feval (XCAR (args));
if (!NILP (val))
break;
args = XCDR (args);
}

UNGCPRO;
return val;
}

More info here
http://xahlee.org/elisp/Writing-Emac...acs-Primitives

Thanks
Rivka

Francesco S. Carta

Rivka Miller <(E-Mail Removed)>, on 30/06/2010 16:02:29, wrote:

> Can someone explain me the essential parts of this function,
> specifically, with some examples of SNAME ? How should the SNAME look
> like ?
>
> DEFUN ("or", For, Sor, 0, UNEVALLED, 0,
> doc: /* Eval args until one of them yields non-nil, then return
> that
> value. The remaining args are not evalled at all.
> If all args return nil, return nil.
> usage: (or CONDITIONS ...) */)
> (args)
> Lisp_Object args;
> {
> register Lisp_Object val = Qnil;
> struct gcpro gcpro1;
>
> GCPRO1 (args);
>
> while (CONSP (args))
> {
> val = Feval (XCAR (args));
> if (!NILP (val))
> break;
> args = XCDR (args);
> }
>
> UNGCPRO;
> return val;
> }
>

> More info here
> http://xahlee.org/elisp/Writing-Emac...acs-Primitives

Try with comp.emacs and gnu.emacs.help, maybe the best places
(currently) to get help for this issue.

Please avoid crossposting to groups which are not topical to your
question, good luck

Rivka Miller

On Jun 30, 4:33*pm, "Francesco S. Carta" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Rivka Miller <(E-Mail Removed)>, on 30/06/2010 16:02:29, wrote:
>
> [see below]
>
> > Can someone explain me the essential parts of this function,
> > specifically, with some examples of SNAME ? How should the SNAME look
> > like ?

> > * * * DEFUN ("or", For, Sor, 0, UNEVALLED, 0,
> > * * * * doc: /* Eval args until one of them yields non-nil, then return
> > that
> > * * * value. The remaining args are not evalled at all.
> > * * * If all args return nil, return nil.
> > * * * usage: (or CONDITIONS ...) **/)
> > * * * * (args)
> > * * * * * *Lisp_Object args;
> > * * * {
> > * * * * register Lisp_Object val = Qnil;
> > * * * * struct gcpro gcpro1;

> > * * * * GCPRO1 (args);

> > * * * * while (CONSP (args))
> > * * * * * {
> > * * * * * * val = Feval (XCAR (args));
> > * * * * * * if (!NILP (val))
> > * * * * * *break;
> > * * * * * * args = XCDR (args);
> > * * * * * }

> > * * * * UNGCPRO;
> > * * * * return val;
> > * * * }

> > More info here
> >http://xahlee.org/elisp/Writing-Emac...riting-Emacs-P...

> Try with comp.emacs and gnu.emacs.help, maybe the best places
> (currently) to get help for this issue.
>
> Please avoid crossposting to groups which are not topical to your
> question, good luck
>
> --
> * FSC -http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/59948
> *http://fscode.altervista.org-http://sardinias.com

Can someone explain me the essential parts of this function,
specifically, with some examples of SNAME ? How should the SNAME look
like ?

DEFUN ("or", For, Sor, 0, UNEVALLED, 0,
doc: /* Eval args until one of them yields non-nil, then return
that
value. The remaining args are not evalled at all.
If all args return nil, return nil.
usage: (or CONDITIONS ...) */)
(args)
Lisp_Object args;
{
register Lisp_Object val = Qnil;
struct gcpro gcpro1;

GCPRO1 (args);

while (CONSP (args))
{
val = Feval (XCAR (args));
if (!NILP (val))
break;
args = XCDR (args);
}

UNGCPRO;
return val;
}

More info here
http://xahlee.org/elisp/Writing-Emac...riting-Emacs-P...

Thanks
Rivka

Ian Collins

On 07/ 1/10 12:51 PM, Rivka Miller wrote:
>> FSC -http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/59948
>> http://fscode.altervista.org-http://sardinias.com

> Can someone explain me the essential parts of this function,
> specifically, with some examples of SNAME ? How should the SNAME look
> like ?

Please stop cross-posting the same off topic question!

--
Ian Collins

Vincenzo Mercuri

Rivka Miller wrote:

>>> Can someone explain me the essential parts of this function,
>>> specifically, with some examples of SNAME ?

SNO.

How should the SNAME look
>>> like ?

Like Teddy Bear.

--
Vincenzo Mercuri

red floyd

On 6/30/2010 4:02 PM, Rivka Miller wrote:
> Can someone explain me the essential parts of this function,
> specifically, with some examples of SNAME ? How should the SNAME look
> like ?
>
>[redacted]

Based on an earlier post with the same question, please see the
comp.lang.c++ FAQ 5.2

http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite