Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Any tips for enhancing rainbows?

Any tips for enhancing rainbows?

ted@loft.tnolan.com (Ted Nolan

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
John Navas <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>On 30 Jun 2010 07:08:42 GMT, in <(E-Mail Removed)>,
>(E-Mail Removed) (Ted Nolan <tednolan>) wrote:
>
>>I've noticed that whenever I take a picture of a rainbow, it looks much less
>>impressive than it did to my naked eye.
>>
>>For instance this one from yesterday is ok:
>>
>> http://www.tednolan.net/misc/p1120927.jpg
>>
>>but looked much better in real life.
>>
>>Any tips for punching rainbows up in GIMP?

>So which one is truest to your memory and/or taste?
>
>--
>Best regards,
>John

That's a hard question. I think every one of them is an improvement on
the original.

In the end, I think the three best were Robert Spanjaard's, Mike Russell's
and SneakyP's.

If I had to pick one, I think it would be Mike Russell's p1120927-lab1
for best overall combination of rainbow plus twilight setting.
It's a near thing though.

Thanks everyone!

Ted
--
------
columbiaclosings.com

zulu

> So many kindergartner-level beginners to educate, so little incentive.- Hide quoted text -

me not think LOL! Outing Trolls is FUN! Better Info Truman is best
teacher

zulu

> Thus endeth their lessons of "Beginner's Editing 101".

LOL! Outing Trolls is FUN! Better Info Truman has so many names yet
still same crap attitude

troll hunting new fun sport

Randal L. Schwartz

ted@loft> I've noticed that whenever I take a picture of a rainbow, it
looks much less ted@loft> impressive than it did to my naked eye.

ted@loft> For instance this one from yesterday is ok:

ted@loft> http://www.tednolan.net/misc/p1120927.jpg

ted@loft> but looked much better in real life.

ted@loft> Any tips for punching rainbows up in GIMP?

Just add a soundtrack.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQSNhk5ICTI

Randal L. Schwartz <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>ted@loft> I've noticed that whenever I take a picture of a rainbow, it
>looks much less ted@loft> impressive than it did to my naked eye.
>
>ted@loft> For instance this one from yesterday is ok:
>
>ted@loft> http://www.tednolan.net/misc/p1120927.jpg
>
>ted@loft> but looked much better in real life.
>
>ted@loft> Any tips for punching rainbows up in GIMP?
>
>Just add a soundtrack.
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQSNhk5ICTI
>
>--
>Randal L. Schwartz - Stonehenge Consulting Services, Inc. - +1 503 777 0095

Wow! I hope nothing *really* exciting ever happens to him..

Ted
--
------
columbiaclosings.com
What's not in Columbia anymore..

John McWilliams

Ted Nolan <tednolan> wrote:
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> Randal L. Schwartz <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>> Just add a soundtrack.
>>
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQSNhk5ICTI

> Wow! I hope nothing *really* exciting ever happens to him..

OMG! OMG!!

After the fifth time he repeated the above, I left the "production" with
several minutes of rainbows and exclamations left. Or does a bear appear
and maul him by chance?

Drug- LSD?

--
john mcwilliams

DanP

On Jul 19, 10:34*pm, John McWilliams <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Ted Nolan <tednolan> wrote:
> > In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> > Randal L. Schwartz <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> >> Just add a soundtrack.

> >> * *http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQSNhk5ICTI

> > Wow! *I hope nothing *really* exciting ever happens to him..

> OMG! OMG!!
>
> After the fifth time he repeated the above, I left the "production" with
> several minutes of rainbows and exclamations left. Or does a bear appear
> and maul him by chance?
>
> Drug- *LSD?
>
> --
> john mcwilliams

Three times was enough for me.
The zoom switch on video cameras makes me puke.

DanP

Randal L. Schwartz

DanP> The zoom switch on video cameras makes me puke.

Shakycam and gratitous zoom keep me from watching shows that everyone
raves about, like modern Battlestar Galactica. Why do they take what
should theoretically be an interesting show, and then ruin it with crazy
camera movements? The camera is *not* a player. The camera should be
*transparent*. The only way I can watch BSG is without looking at the
screen.

Scotius

On Mon, 19 Jul 2010 14:34:14 -0700, John McWilliams
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Ted Nolan <tednolan> wrote:
>> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
>> Randal L. Schwartz <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>> Just add a soundtrack.
>>>
>>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQSNhk5ICTI

>> Wow! I hope nothing *really* exciting ever happens to him..

>OMG! OMG!!
>
>After the fifth time he repeated the above, I left the "production" with
>several minutes of rainbows and exclamations left. Or does a bear appear
>and maul him by chance?
>
>Drug- LSD?

I didn't notice if he was on drugs or not, because the rainbow
was so intense.