Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Re: Which proggie d/loads the whole web page?

Re: Which proggie d/loads the whole web page?

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

wtf wrote:

> I want to backup my web site and make it available for d/load.

Begs the question ... why don't you already have the source on your own
(development) computer?

> What would be the best?

wget? http://www.gnu.org/software/wget/

Since you didn't describe the makeup of your site, if once knowing that,
there may be other answers.

--
-bts

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

wtf wrote:

> Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
>> wtf wrote:
>>> I want to backup my web site and make it available for d/load.

>> Begs the question ... why don't you already have the source on your
>> own (development) computer?

You didn't answer that question ...

>>> What would be the best?

>> wget? http://www.gnu.org/software/wget/
>>
>> Since you didn't describe the makeup of your site, if once knowing
>> that, there may be other answers.

> I think that there are two ways to d/load the whole web page.

What control panel does your host use? My sites all use cPanel, and it
has a backup utility.

You can also use your FTP tool, and download the whole thing.

--
-bts