Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: Google Chrome Integrates Flash

Re: Google Chrome Integrates Flash

Abraham Stinkin

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Rocky <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>Google's Chrome has now integrated Adobe's Flash directly into the
>browser. Chrome 5.0.376.86 was released over Google's Stable channel
>and is now available to download for Windows, Mac, and Linux.
>
>Read more : http://www.onechap.com/news/chromeplusflash.html

I wish I could warm up to Chrome, hate it so far. Hate bloatware
Firefox but the addons hath me hooked. I completely won't do
like Opera, IE and so on.

On this unix box I still run lynx - which I still find fast as a bullet,
lynx doesn't do pop-ups, banner ads, flash or much of anything else other
than the straight goods for reading and info. If you've never done lynx
you must. I'm likely the last one on Earth still using it occasionaly.

Now, some smart punks should make lynx do pics and stuff like say Goggle
groups does ~ that would be swell.

Now tell me Rocky, Chrome having Flash integrated will do what for me?
I'm looking for some incentive here before I install it again for the
30th time.

Signed
Crusty old coffin dodger still stuck in the 90s.

--
"Ward, weren't you a little hard on The Beaver last night?" -June Cleaver

In Washington at 206-339-1309 frogs at vrx dot net

Abraham Stinkin

>In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
>Rocky <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>Google's Chrome has now integrated Adobe's Flash directly into the
>>browser. Chrome 5.0.376.86 was released over Google's Stable channel
>>and is now available to download for Windows, Mac, and Linux.
>>
>>Read more : http://www.onechap.com/news/chromeplusflash.html

[if I might add]

Quote from that link:
'In a hands-on test of Flash 10.1 on Android, PCWorld found it to be
"quite good" with "amazing" speeds.'

Woooo, there's the incentive.

--
"Ward, weren't you a little hard on The Beaver last night?" -June Cleaver

In Washington at 206-339-1309 frogs at vrx dot net

chuckcar

Abraham Stinkin <éééé.@.éééé> wrote in
news:i0bkk1$nbe$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org:

> In article
> <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> Rocky <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>Google's Chrome has now integrated Adobe's Flash directly into the
>>browser. Chrome 5.0.376.86 was released over Google's Stable channel
>>and is now available to download for Windows, Mac, and Linux.
>>
>>Read more : http://www.onechap.com/news/chromeplusflash.html

> I wish I could warm up to Chrome, hate it so far. Hate bloatware
> Firefox but the addons hath me hooked. I completely won't do
> like Opera, IE and so on.
>
> On this unix box I still run lynx - which I still find fast as a
> bullet, lynx doesn't do pop-ups, banner ads, flash or much of anything
> else other than the straight goods for reading and info. If you've
> never done lynx you must. I'm likely the last one on Earth still using
> it occasionaly.

No, There's others. But only people familiar with linux. The windoze
migrants have no idea. They want their X to look like XP. Makes one wonder
what the point is.

> Now, some smart punks should make lynx do pics and stuff like say
> Goggle groups does ~ that would be swell.

You download and save the picture. Then view it. With whatever you want.
zgv is my choice.

> Now tell me Rocky, Chrome having Flash integrated will do what for me?
> I'm looking for some incentive here before I install it again for the
> 30th time.

How do you update it when the websites stop supporting 10 is my question.

--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

Rocky

On Jun 29, 7:09*am, Abraham Stinkin < . @ . > wrote:
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)..com>,
>
> Rocky *<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >Google's Chrome has now integrated Adobe's Flash directly into the
> >browser. Chrome 5.0.376.86 was released over Google's Stable channel
> >and is now available to download for Windows, Mac, and Linux.

> >Read more :http://www.onechap.com/news/chromeplusflash.html

> I wish I could warm up to Chrome, hate it so far. Hate bloatware
> Firefox but the addons hath me hooked. I completely won't do *
> like Opera, IE and so on.
>
> On this unix box I still run lynx - which I still find fast as a bullet,
> lynx doesn't do pop-ups, banner ads, flash or much of anything else other
> than the straight goods for reading and info. If you've never done lynx
> you must. I'm likely the last one on Earth still using it occasionaly.
>
> Now, some smart punks should make lynx do pics and stuff like say Goggle
> groups does ~ that would be swell.
>
> Now tell me Rocky, Chrome having Flash integrated will do what for me?
> I'm looking for some incentive here before I install it again for the
> 30th time.
>
> Signed
> Crusty old coffin dodger still stuck in the 90s.
>
> --
> "Ward, weren't you a little hard on The Beaver last night?" -June Cleaver
> In Washington at 206-339-1309 * * * * * * * * * * * *frogs at vrx dot net

since you are long time user of lynx and your experience,
i would say, no. i myself find chrome not that user-friendly.
it has issues like page time-outs, unnecessary memory clogging
[lots of instances for each tab opened, hate that]

i like it's look.. that's awesome.. obviously it's a good thing that
they integrated the flash.

you can try it out and make up your mind!
Rocky

Mad as a Box of Frogs

"Rocky" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
On Jun 29, 7:09 am, Abraham Stinkin < . @ . > wrote:
> In article
> <(E-Mail Removed)>,
>
> Rocky <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >Google's Chrome has now integrated Adobe's Flash directly into the
> >browser. Chrome 5.0.376.86 was released over Google's Stable channel
> >and is now available to download for Windows, Mac, and Linux.

> >Read more :http://www.onechap.com/news/chromeplusflash.html

> I wish I could warm up to Chrome, hate it so far. Hate bloatware
> Firefox but the addons hath me hooked. I completely won't do
> like Opera, IE and so on.
>
> On this unix box I still run lynx - which I still find fast as a bullet,
> lynx doesn't do pop-ups, banner ads, flash or much of anything else other
> than the straight goods for reading and info. If you've never done lynx
> you must. I'm likely the last one on Earth still using it occasionaly.
>
> Now, some smart punks should make lynx do pics and stuff like say Goggle
> groups does ~ that would be swell.
>
> Now tell me Rocky, Chrome having Flash integrated will do what for me?
> I'm looking for some incentive here before I install it again for the
> 30th time.
>
> Signed
> Crusty old coffin dodger still stuck in the 90s.
>
> --
> "Ward, weren't you a little hard on The Beaver last night?" -June Cleaver
> In Washington at 206-339-1309 frogs at vrx dot net

since you are long time user of lynx and your experience,
i would say, no. i myself find chrome not that user-friendly.
it has issues like page time-outs, unnecessary memory clogging
[lots of instances for each tab opened, hate that]

i like it's look.. that's awesome.. obviously it's a good thing that
they integrated the flash.

you can try it out and make up your mind!
Rocky

~~~

Grrr, I hate this damn OE newsreader...no quotes now and then for some
reason
Anyway...it's me "Abe" and yes I will try it out. I expect a quicker machine
than this clunky old Thinkpad would give me a better idea. That'll be a Xmas
request however.

Thanks for the fup.

--
Abe "Stinkin'"

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

In 24hoursupport.helpdesk, Mad as a Box of Frogs wrote:

> Grrr, I hate this damn OE newsreader...no quotes now and then for some
> reason

It is because you are replying to a Google Group post. Google made some
kind of change or update to their composing pages a couple years ago,
and ever since then Outlook Express refuses to insert the proper quote
marks and/or to add one to previously quoted material.

OE will never be fixed for this, so the viable suggestion is to "get a
better newsreader."

--
-bts

thanatoid

Abraham Stinkin <éééé.@.éééé> wrote in
news:i0bkk1$nbe$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org:

> I wish I could warm up to Chrome, hate it so far.

I wouldn't ever TRY it.

> Hate
> bloatware Firefox

Amen.

> but the addons hath me hooked.

Ahh. like things made easy for you, huh? I guess that's why you
say that...

>I completely won't do like Opera

I /assume/ that curios conglomeration of words means you do NOT
like Opera. Oh well, too bad for you.

>, IE and so on.

Putting Opera and IE in the same sentence should be a punishable
crime. For now, it's just a quick idiot radar.

> On this unix box I still run lynx - which I still find fast
> as a bullet, lynx doesn't do pop-ups, banner ads, flash or
> much of anything else other than the straight goods for
> reading and info. If you've never done lynx you must. I'm
> likely the last one on Earth still using it occasionaly.

I use it once in a while.
WHAT was wrong with IRC, Usenet, ftp and email? Stupid ****ing
web.

> Now, some smart punks should make lynx do pics and stuff
> like say Goggle groups does ~ that would be swell.

Again, your English is peculiar, but whatever the **** you mean,
you should try OffByOne. It's Like Lynx with the basic web
content - no Flash, no javascript, simple page rendering - and
yet some features "major" browsers lack.

> Now tell me Rocky, Chrome having Flash integrated will do
> what for me? I'm looking for some incentive here before I
> install it again for the 30th time.

It will allow you to watch moron teenagers post "jackass" type
crap on YouShit. You should uninstall Chrome. Anyone running a
browser made by MS or Google (and Adobe [or Corel] after they
kill enough other companies to have time to do something
constructive) should have their head examined.

--
Mozart tells us what it's like to be human, Beethoven tells us
what it's like to be Beethoven and Bach tells us what it's like

Announcement: Sigasi integrates with Aldec compiler Philippe Faes VHDL 0 05-22-2012 06:46 PM
Google Chrome OS, Odds are stacked against Chrome OS's success Max Burke NZ Computing 1 07-11-2009 04:38 AM
Google Chrome JohnO NZ Computing 2 09-07-2008 12:40 AM
Google's new Chrome browser Roedy Green Java 32 09-06-2008 08:50 AM
Google Chrome Browser - Very Early Observations cwdjrxyz HTML 7 09-03-2008 12:51 PM

Advertisments