Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Wem Mail attachments

Wem Mail attachments

Richard Grene

I am using webmail with asp.net & vb. I need a method for web users to
attach
files from their local drives. How can this be done?

Thanks,
Richard

Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP]

It sounds like a three-stage operation...

Client write the message on an asp.net page:

http://www.easywebedit.net/free/

Client uploads the file:

http://aspalliance.com/articleViewer.aspx?aId=234&pId=

The server sends the message with the attachment:

http://www.aspheute.com/english/20000918.asp

Of course you need to track all of this on the server as it happens....
that's the hard part.

"Richard Grene" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I am using webmail with asp.net & vb. I need a method for web users to
> attach
> files from their local drives. How can this be done?
>
> Thanks,
> Richard

=?Utf-8?B?RGF2aWQgQ29lLCBNQ1A=?=

Richard

You can use an HtmlHiddenInputFile control to let the user select the file from their hard drive, and then use the System.Web.Mail.MailAttachment class in conjunction with the System.Web.Mail.MailMessage class to send the file as an attachment

- David Coe, MCP