Velocity Reviews > General Discussion > Front Page News > 470GTX Video Card Water Block Mayhem

470GTX Video Card Water Block Mayhem

Ian Ian is offline
Administrator
Ian's Avatar

Bjorn 3D take a look at the 470GTX Video Card Water Block Mayhem, providing a method to cool these hot-running cards:

Quote:
When Nvidia introduced the 4xx series of video cards we were all amazed at the power these video cards had. At the same time, we were all shocked at the temperatures these video cards reached to give us that level of performance.

I am not going to lie to you, I also freaked out when I saw the temperatures of my 470GTX reach above the 75C mark. Even with the fan of this video card running at full speed, and having an 80CFM 120mm fan blowing directly down across the video card, my temperatures were still reaching the 80C range. This video card quickly became known around here as 'Nvidia 470GTX video card, the only way to heat your house.'
Read the full review here.