Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: ASAM.exe problem

Re: ASAM.exe problem

chuckcar

news(E-Mail Removed):

> Win XP Pro
> Had asam virus. Cleaned it up THIS MORNING. Firefox just did an update
> and now I get this:
> "The Proxy Server is refusing connections."
> Firefox is configured to use a proxy server that is refusing
> connections.
>
> Check the proxy settings to make sure they are correct.
>
> Contact your network administrator (home computer) to make sure the
> proxy server is working
>
> And now I notice IE is also down.
>
> What is wrong and how do I fix it?
>
> Thanks

1. Do a scan of *all* files on your computer with AV software with just
updated AV information files to make *sure* you are no longer infected.

2. Talk to your ISP and have them double check all your internet connection
settings. Don't bother with your email unless that doesn't work either.

I would find the last for you, but you're not using your ISP to post here.

--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

Desk Rabbit

On 24/06/2010 03:41, chuckcar wrote:
> "(E-Mail Removed)"<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> Win XP Pro
>> Had asam virus. Cleaned it up THIS MORNING. Firefox just did an update
>> and now I get this:
>> "The Proxy Server is refusing connections."
>> Firefox is configured to use a proxy server that is refusing
>> connections.
>>
>> Check the proxy settings to make sure they are correct.
>>
>> Contact your network administrator (home computer) to make sure the
>> proxy server is working
>>
>> And now I notice IE is also down.
>>
>> What is wrong and how do I fix it?
>>
>> Thanks

> 1. Do a scan of *all* files on your computer with AV software with just
> updated AV information files to make *sure* you are no longer infected.

And of course as any competent computer technician will tell you,
running a scan on a known infected machine is pointless. The drive must
be removed and scanned in a clean machine.

> 2. Talk to your ISP and have them double check all your internet connection
> settings. Don't bother with your email unless that doesn't work either.
>
> I would find the last for you, but you're not using your ISP to post here.

So how exactly would you post to a usenet group without using an ISP?

Tony

You can't argue with Chuck because he used to take calls from *rank* noobs and
that was the advice he'd give them.

Desk Rabbit wrote:

> On 24/06/2010 03:41, chuckcar wrote:
> > "(E-Mail Removed)"<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> > news(E-Mail Removed):
> >
> >> Win XP Pro
> >> Had asam virus. Cleaned it up THIS MORNING. Firefox just did an update
> >> and now I get this:
> >> "The Proxy Server is refusing connections."
> >> Firefox is configured to use a proxy server that is refusing
> >> connections.
> >>
> >> Check the proxy settings to make sure they are correct.
> >>
> >> Contact your network administrator (home computer) to make sure the
> >> proxy server is working
> >>
> >> And now I notice IE is also down.
> >>
> >> What is wrong and how do I fix it?
> >>
> >> Thanks

> > 1. Do a scan of *all* files on your computer with AV software with just
> > updated AV information files to make *sure* you are no longer infected.

> And of course as any competent computer technician will tell you,
> running a scan on a known infected machine is pointless. The drive must
> be removed and scanned in a clean machine.
>

> > 2. Talk to your ISP and have them double check all your internet connection
> > settings. Don't bother with your email unless that doesn't work either.
> >
> > I would find the last for you, but you're not using your ISP to post here.

> So how exactly would you post to a usenet group without using an ISP?

--
The Grandmaster of the CyberFROG

Come get your ticket to CyberFROG city

manners

Very few. I used to take calls from *rank* noobs but got fired the first day on
the job for potty mouth,

realm of understandability