Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Developers hosting with WebHost4Life?

Reply
Thread Tools

Developers hosting with WebHost4Life?

 
 
Hillbilly
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-24-2010
I and a colleague hosting our ASP.NET sites with WH4L have sites that have
been down for extensive periods of times during a "transfer" of what is
apparently a take-over of WH4L by new owners, we don't know as there's
nobody from WH4L to talk about this with anymore. Lots of babble coming from
their "new tech support team" after submitting trouble tickets. One of my
websites has been down for well over 2 months with three repeatable types of
failures, another colleague is down for his first week.

If other developers hosting their ASP.NET website with WH4L have been
"transferred" then we're all in the same boat and we may never have a chance
to compel having our websites returned to stable operations at the very
least for the rest of the current billing period.

My colleague and I discussed the need to collaborate with other ASP.NET
developers hosted at WH4L whose ASP.NET websites/applications have been
affected.

We've agreed we need to submit some type of a class action complaint to
Better Business Bureau to try to compel somebody from the company to at
least actually respond and other ASP.NET developers hosted at WH4L will need
to collaborate with us as our experience suggests others have had their
sites taken down or crippled and left that way during some type of
"transfer." Will you join us?

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
AG
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-25-2010
Try infosaic.com.
While not perfect, they have been very good for me over the years. Good
prices, uptime and very flexible.

--

AG
Email: npATadhdataDOTcom


"dgk" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Wed, 23 Jun 2010 19:30:11 -0500, "Hillbilly" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>>I and a colleague hosting our ASP.NET sites with WH4L have sites that have
>>been down for extensive periods of times during a "transfer" of what is
>>apparently a take-over of WH4L by new owners, we don't know as there's
>>nobody from WH4L to talk about this with anymore. Lots of babble coming
>>from
>>their "new tech support team" after submitting trouble tickets. One of my
>>websites has been down for well over 2 months with three repeatable types
>>of
>>failures, another colleague is down for his first week.
>>
>>If other developers hosting their ASP.NET website with WH4L have been
>>"transferred" then we're all in the same boat and we may never have a
>>chance
>>to compel having our websites returned to stable operations at the very
>>least for the rest of the current billing period.
>>
>>My colleague and I discussed the need to collaborate with other ASP.NET
>>developers hosted at WH4L whose ASP.NET websites/applications have been
>>affected.
>>
>>We've agreed we need to submit some type of a class action complaint to
>>Better Business Bureau to try to compel somebody from the company to at
>>least actually respond and other ASP.NET developers hosted at WH4L will
>>need
>>to collaborate with us as our experience suggests others have had their
>>sites taken down or crippled and left that way during some type of
>>"transfer." Will you join us?

>
> Damn, I need a host and lots of folks recommended WH4L. Oh well.




 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
James Irvine
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-27-2010

"AG" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:O%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Try infosaic.com.
> While not perfect, they have been very good for me over the years. Good
> prices, uptime and very flexible.



Or try jodohost.com

I've got several sites hosted there, been with them 5+ years and excellent
uptime and customer support.


 
Reply With Quote
 
Hillbilly
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-29-2010
Thanks for references.

"James Irvine" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:nQMVn.3538$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> "AG" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:O%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Try infosaic.com.
>> While not perfect, they have been very good for me over the years. Good
>> prices, uptime and very flexible.

>
>
> Or try jodohost.com
>
> I've got several sites hosted there, been with them 5+ years and excellent
> uptime and customer support.
>


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Web Hosting, Reseller Hosting, and Dedicated Hosting!!!!!! teo1991 Ruby 0 04-02-2009 01:50 PM
Web Hosting, Reseller Hosting, and Dedicated Hosting!!!!!! ufi02 ASP .Net 0 03-27-2009 07:49 PM
WebLink - the Web Developer's Wiki - For developers by developers nokidding HTML 7 01-24-2008 10:56 AM
wanted Java Developers/Senior Java Developers in Bangalore pacwestsoftware@gmail.com Java 0 12-07-2007 11:35 AM
Java Architects / Sr. developers / Developers smanojs@yahoo.com Java 1 01-02-2005 05:04 AM



Advertisments