Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Problems with Forte Agent

Problems with Forte Agent

Learning

I am using versio 5 of Agent. I am trying to get access to
alt.binaries.new. I have been told by others using Astraweb that it is
available on their servers, yet when I try and find it using the
newsgroup directory it doesn't show up. Any ideas on what I might be
doing wrong?

Meat Plow

On Wed, 23 Jun 2010 16:34:33 -0400, Learning ǝʇoɹʍ:

> I am using versio 5 of Agent. I am trying to get access to
> alt.binaries.new. I have been told by others using Astraweb that it is
> available on their servers, yet when I try and find it using the
> newsgroup directory it doesn't show up. Any ideas on what I might be
> doing wrong?

Download all groups again.

Stephen Wolstenholme

On Wed, 23 Jun 2010 16:34:33 -0400, Learning wrote:

>I am using versio 5 of Agent. I am trying to get access to
>alt.binaries.new. I have been told by others using Astraweb that it is
>available on their servers, yet when I try and find it using the
>newsgroup directory it doesn't show up. Any ideas on what I might be
>doing wrong?

I did a search for that group and the only server I find that caries
it is news.demon.co.uk

Steve

EasyNN-plus. Neural Networks plus. www.easynn.com
SwingNN. Forecast with Neural Networks. www.swingnn.com
JustNN. Just Neural Networks. www.justnn.com

chuckcar

Learning wrote in news:(E-Mail Removed):

> I am using versio 5 of Agent. I am trying to get access to
> alt.binaries.new. I have been told by others using Astraweb that it is
> available on their servers, yet when I try and find it using the
> newsgroup directory it doesn't show up. Any ideas on what I might be
> doing wrong?

Try getting the entire list of groups again. Shared secrets carries it.

--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

Mike Easter

Learning wrote:
> I am using versio 5 of Agent. I am trying to get access to
> alt.binaries.new. I have been told by others using Astraweb that it is
> available on their servers, yet when I try and find it using the
> newsgroup directory it doesn't show up. Any ideas on what I might be
> doing wrong?

Astraweb has a function on their webpage by which you can search for a
group they carry. Upper left corner at http://www.astraweb.com/
Search for A Newsgroup

That tool shows that they have 18 groups with a similar initial
'string', but not that precise group.

The astraweb tool's 'extension' allows you to request the group from there.

--
Mike Easter

richard

On Wed, 23 Jun 2010 16:34:33 -0400, Learning wrote:

> I am using versio 5 of Agent. I am trying to get access to
> alt.binaries.new. I have been told by others using Astraweb that it is
> available on their servers, yet when I try and find it using the
> newsgroup directory it doesn't show up. Any ideas on what I might be
> doing wrong?

FYI, newsguy.com carries the group and a few offshoots of it.

John Holmes

Evan Platt "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

> On Wed, 23 Jun 2010 22:49:48 +0000 (UTC), chuckcar <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>>Try getting the entire list of groups again. Shared secrets carries it.

> If only someone didn't suggest that 2 hours ago.
>
> Oh - wait. They were just GUESSING, you know that's the problem for a
> fact, right troll?

Oh - wait. Pratt, stalker by profession, strikes again. Right, stalker?

--
<snip>

Re: Problems with Forte Agent learning Computer Support 7 06-24-2010 05:04 PM
link to download forte free agent 3.3 ( freeware ) news reader agent jameshanley39@yahoo.co.uk Computer Information 1 07-27-2007 12:23 AM
Re: forte agent 1.93 Computer Support 4 07-23-2003 04:22 PM
Re: forte agent 1.93 Meat Plow Computer Support 0 07-21-2003 06:29 PM
Re: forte agent 1.93 Ron Martell Computer Support 1 07-21-2003 05:32 PM

Advertisments