Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > MVPS Hosts File blocks Google Street View

MVPS Hosts File blocks Google Street View

Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤

On Wed, 23 Jun 2010 08:20:39 -0600, §ñühw¤£f <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤ wrote:
>> The hosts file located here:
>>
>> http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm
>>
>> blocks Google Street View and all that is visible is a black screen.
>>
>> Does anyone have an idea of which entry may be the culprit?
>>
>> And for the newbies

>Nicely ironicised.
>Open it in a text app that lets you search on a string, dimmy.
>And if yer dont know which string to use, g00gle it.

Go save a whale that is encrusted in oil due to Bill Clinton's
deregulation of off shore oil drilling in 1995, kook.

For anyone that really wishes to help and actually has an answer, I
would appreciate it.

Don't Snutard it.

Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤

On Wed, 23 Jun 2010 16:16:57 -0600, §ñühw¤£f <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>He's apparently too dumb to know wtf a whitelist is for or how to
>utilise it:
>http://www.google.com/support/forum/...d6f406c4&hl=en

Which entry needs to be removed, Snutard? If 'ya don't know, just say
so, little friend. If I wanted or needed a whitelist, I would have asked
you to remove your mouth from whichever cock it was wrapped around at
the time and provide that information.

Try to stay on topic and answer the question that was asked.

Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤

On Wed, 23 Jun 2010 16:30:10 -0400, Big 666 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤ wrote:

>>> Nicely ironicised.
>>> Open it in a text app that lets you search on a string, dimmy.
>>> And if yer dont know which string to use, g00gle it.

>> Go save a whale that is encrusted in oil due to Bill Clinton's
>> deregulation of off shore oil drilling in 1995, kook.
>>
>> For anyone that really wishes to help and actually has an answer, I
>> would appreciate it.
>>
>> Don't Snutard it.

>Now, now let's not get political here. What about Reagan -- Mr.
>Deregulation?
>

>The way you could do it is to use something like Active Ports, Current
>Ports or TCPView (all are free) and make your connections normally
>without the host file. Then you can see the active connections by IP.
>You can then take the IP and use Arin Whois or Ping by IP, maybe, to get
>a WWW address.
>
>Active Ports and Current Ports can give you the Remote Host Name that
>can lead you to the WWW too.

Great idea, 666. Appreciate it.

Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤

On Wed, 23 Jun 2010 18:40:43 -0600, §ñühw¤£f <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤ wrote:
>> On Wed, 23 Jun 2010 16:16:57 -0600, §ñühw¤£f <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> wrote:
>>

>>>He's apparently too dumb to know wtf a whitelist is for or how to
>>>utilise it:
>>>http://www.google.com/support/forum/...d6f406c4&hl=en

>> Which entry needs to be removed, Snutard? If 'ya don't know, just say
>> so, little friend. If I wanted or needed a whitelist, I would have
>> asked
>> you to remove your mouth from whichever cock it was wrapped around at
>> the time and provide that information.
>>
>> Try to stay on topic and answer the question that was asked.

>Did you *read* the forum thread I linked to or do you really need that
>much hand-holding ffs!
>

>Btw, you dont *remove* an entry from HOSTS, you comment it out so it
>isnt read.
>Duh.

Are you going to stick by that statement? You don't remove entries from
the hosts file if it is deemed necessary?

You really don't give good computer related advice do you? Stick to
ranting about how stupid and uneducated the British are, you are much
better at that.

richard

On Tue, 22 Jun 2010 23:51:06 -0500, Ctrl?/Alt?/Del? wrote:

> The hosts file located here:
>
> http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm
>
> blocks Google Street View and all that is visible is a black screen.
>
> Does anyone have an idea of which entry may be the culprit?
>
> And for the newbies, don't go "A Clicking" the links listed below.

Process of elimination.
Delete 10 items at a time. When street view shows up, you know it's in that
block.

Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤

On Wed, 23 Jun 2010 22:19:58 -0500, richard <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Tue, 22 Jun 2010 23:51:06 -0500, Ctrl?/Alt?/Del? wrote:
>
>> The hosts file located here:
>>
>> http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm
>>
>> blocks Google Street View and all that is visible is a black screen.
>>
>> Does anyone have an idea of which entry may be the culprit?
>>
>> And for the newbies, don't go "A Clicking" the links listed below.
>>

>Process of elimination.
>Delete 10 items at a time. When street view shows up, you know it's in that
>block.

Snutard says you can't delete them and even if you could, it wouldn't
work.

LOL.

richard

On Wed, 23 Jun 2010 18:40:43 -0600, ???hw??f wrote:

> Ctrl?/Alt?/Del? wrote:
>> On Wed, 23 Jun 2010 16:16:57 -0600, ???hw??f <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> wrote:
>>

>>>He's apparently too dumb to know wtf a whitelist is for or how to
>>>utilise it:
>>>http://www.google.com/support/forum/...d6f406c4&hl=en

>> Which entry needs to be removed, Snutard? If 'ya don't know, just say
>> so, little friend. If I wanted or needed a whitelist, I would have
>> asked
>> you to remove your mouth from whichever cock it was wrapped around at
>> the time and provide that information.
>>
>> Try to stay on topic and answer the question that was asked.

> Did you *read* the forum thread I linked to or do you really need that
> much hand-holding ffs!
>

> Btw, you dont *remove* an entry from HOSTS, you comment it out so it
> isnt read.
> Duh.

Hey Evan, this smartboy says you can't remove an entry from a standard text
file.
Hey dude? How the **** did the entry get in there to begin with? Magic?

I swear, there are some real dumbasses in this group, and they all rank
below me.

Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤

On Wed, 23 Jun 2010 22:18:36 -0700, Evan Platt
<evan@*******************************> wrote:

>On Wed, 23 Jun 2010 23:07:10 -0500, richard <(E-Mail Removed)>
>wrote:

>>Hey Evan, this smartboy says you can't remove an entry from a standard text
>>file.

>Where did he say that? Nowhere I see in the text you quoted.

It was implied, much as it is a implied conclusion that you are insane
and lonely.

Google it.

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

richard wrote:

> ???hw??f wrote:
>> What kind of FILE is HOSTS, you gormless dolt?
>>
>> <guffaw>

> no dumbass. the file is used by a script which uses certain characters
> for certain things. Just like a "CSS" file is used by an html page.

What script is that? In what operating system will I find this script?

The only similarity between HOSTS and a CSS file is they are both text
files.

--
-bts

richard