Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Internet sharing not working

Internet sharing not working

Slaz

Running a laptop with Xp Home edition. Satellite receiver is connected
via a Ethernet cable to the Local Area Connection.
I'm trying to set up my laptop with a satellite receiver and I can't get
the receiver to connect to the internet. Occasionally I can get an IP
address; but that is a hit and miss. The receiver does work with my
desktop; so I know it's working! I have a USB wireless adapter receiving
the signal and I have that port sharing with my local Area connection.
Getting ready to go on a 2 week vaccation and I would like to take the
receiver with me!
The cross over Ethernet cable. Don't know if what I am using is proper;
but the cable does work with the desktop; I'm assuming that means it
should work with the laptop.

Any suggestions?

Slaz

Slaz wrote:
> Running a laptop with Xp Home edition. Satellite receiver is connected
> via a Ethernet cable to the Local Area Connection.
> I'm trying to set up my laptop with a satellite receiver and I can't get
> the receiver to connect to the internet. Occasionally I can get an IP
> address; but that is a hit and miss. The receiver does work with my
> desktop; so I know it's working! I have a USB wireless adapter receiving
> the signal and I have that port sharing with my local Area connection.
> Getting ready to go on a 2 week vaccation and I would like to take the
> receiver with me!
> The cross over Ethernet cable. Don't know if what I am using is proper;
> but the cable does work with the desktop; I'm assuming that means it
> should work with the laptop.
>
> Any suggestions?

Found my own solution. I was using the wrong cable. Changed cables;
receiver kicked in right away!