Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Re: *Legitimate* source for The Racket (1928)? re: add Hollywood Select Video to the list of Crooks

Re: *Legitimate* source for The Racket (1928)? re: add Hollywood Select Video to the list of Crooks

DrParnassus

On Sun, 20 Jun 2010 15:31:13 -0700, weary flake <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Is there a legitimate source for The Racket (192 (remade in
>1951 as The Racket? HSV Hollywood Select Video is not it.
>The assumption is that DVD companies that burn logos into
>their films stole their product, because it's something only
>crooks would do. Not a second of the HSV's 4 disc The Envelope
>Please set fails to have a prominent burned in Hollywood Select
>Video logo in the lower right hand corner, and this makes the
>films unwatchable, and the DVDs DEFECTIVE AS DESIGNED. Reputable
>companies DO NOT BURN logos into their films, good companies like
>Alpha (Gotham), Nostalgia Family Video, Grapevine Video, Kino,
>Image, Criterion, Warner Brothers, Flicker Alley, RetroFlix,
>etc., whether they are DVDs or DVD-Rs. HSV goes onto the BAD
>list, for the crime of bugging their product.
>
>Pretty much exonerated is Sinister Cinema, because it looks
>like the copy of The Bat (1926) which had their logo 'S C'
>burned into fully half of their DVD-R, which I bought and
>returned as DEFECTIVE could be an anomaly, as I've bought a
>couple westerns from them since, a silent and with sound, and
>they were fine. I just ordered some fistfuls of Sinister
>Cinema "B" movie goodies, so I'll be sure to let you all know
>if they be not right.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0043955/releaseinfo

Find it under another country's title.

You could try isohunt as well http://isohunt.com/lite/

You have to learn about torrent collection though.

http://www.torrentportal.com/downloa...Racket.torrent

DrParnassus

On Mon, 21 Jun 2010 08:49:01 -0700, retarded flake
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>no burned in logos to offend, my query is a legitimate source of
>The Racket (192,

Nobody said a goddamned thing about burned in logos, you retarded
presumptuous dumb****!

DrParnassus

On Mon, 21 Jun 2010 19:09:30 -0700, "The Mighty T.B."
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>DrParnassus aka Archtard wrote:
>> On Mon, 21 Jun 2010 08:49:01 -0700, retarded flake
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>> no burned in logos to offend, my query is a legitimate source of
>>> The Racket (192,

>> Nobody said a goddamned thing about burned in logos, you retarded
>> presumptuous dumb****!

>AAAaaaaaaand Archtard has another meltdown. Wotta shock.

In a 'right world', the last thing you experience in life would be a
huge shock, delivered by me.

The last thing you would feel is the pain of your heart fibrillating.
The last thing you would see would be my smiling, and even laughing face.

Bwuahahahahahahahaahahahahahahaahahs!

BlueBuyYoo

DrParnassus wrote:
> On Mon, 21 Jun 2010 19:09:30 -0700, "The Mighty T.B."
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> DrParnassus aka Archtard wrote:

>>> Nobody said a goddamned thing about burned in logos, you retarded
>>> presumptuous dumb****!

>> AAAaaaaaaand Archtard has another meltdown. Wotta shock.

> In a 'right world', the last thing you experience in life would be a
> huge shock, delivered by me.
>
> The last thing you would feel is the pain of your heart fibrillating.
> The last thing you would see would be my smiling, and even laughing face.
>
> Bwuahahahahahahahaahahahahahahaahahs!

Thread hijacking, newsgroup killer strikes again. Congrats Archie!

If you had even bothered to read the original post, which you actually
replied to, you would have learned that the OP was looking for a copy
without a logo. He also asked for a *legitimate* copy, not a link to
your favorite illegal torrent download site.

DrParnassus

On Mon, 21 Jun 2010 23:37:23 -0400, BlueBuyYoo <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

> He also asked for a *legitimate* copy, not a link to
>your favorite illegal torrent download site.

Is that what it is?

DrParnassus

On Mon, 21 Jun 2010 21:52:19 -0700, "The Mighty Retarded T.B."
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>You're impotence squared.

I'll bet you're childless.

DrParnassus

On Tue, 22 Jun 2010 07:17:36 -0700, weary flake <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>DrParnassus <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 21 Jun 2010 08:49:01 -0700, retarded flake
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>> >no burned in logos to offend, my query is a legitimate source of
>> >The Racket (192,

>> Nobody said a goddamned thing about burned in logos, you retarded
>> presumptuous dumb****!

quoted:
"Is there a legitimate source for The Racket (192 (remade in
1951 as The Racket?"

The above remark is ALL I read of your post. So regardless of what YOU
wrote, *I* did not say anything about what may or may not be included in
the video on whatever you may or may not find wherever you may or may not
look.

Gilgamesh

"DrParnassus" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Mon, 21 Jun 2010 08:49:01 -0700, retarded flake
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>no burned in logos to offend, my query is a legitimate source of
>>The Racket (192,

> Nobody said a goddamned thing about burned in logos, you retarded
> presumptuous dumb****!

yes he did, it was in the original post that you responded to

DrParnassus

On Wed, 23 Jun 2010 09:17:42 +0930, "Gilgamesh" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>"DrParnassus" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> On Mon, 21 Jun 2010 08:49:01 -0700, retarded flake
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>>no burned in logos to offend, my query is a legitimate source of
>>>The Racket (192,

>> Nobody said a goddamned thing about burned in logos, you retarded
>> presumptuous dumb****!

>yes he did, it was in the original post that you responded to

I was referring to MY response. You are obviously not American and are
unfamiliar.

Anyway, DL every instance of it you can find, and find the one you seek
and shitcan the rest.

Pandemonium

DrParnassus wrote:

>>> Nobody said a goddamned thing about burned in logos, you retarded
>>> presumptuous dumb****!

>> yes he did, it was in the original post that you responded to

> I was referring to MY response. You are obviously not American and are
> unfamiliar.
>
> Anyway, DL every instance of it you can find, and find the one you seek
> and shitcan the rest.

Great advice, Einstein. Every single reply you've made in this thread has been exponentially more idiotic then your previous one. Congratulations.