Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Sunday Afternoon

Sunday Afternoon

Dudley Hanks

http://www.blind-apertures.ca/Latest...yAfternoon.jpg (full size)
http://www.blind-apertures.ca/Latest...rnoonSmall.jpg (fast

It's kind of a lazy day, here, so I snapped this shot of my daughter
relaxing with Mich.

I doubt there's much wrong, technically, with it, but I'm sure some fault
can be found if one looks critically enough...

Take Care,
Dudley

Chris F.A. Johnson

On 2010-06-20, Dudley Hanks wrote:
> http://www.blind-apertures.ca/Latest...yAfternoon.jpg (full size)
> http://www.blind-apertures.ca/Latest...rnoonSmall.jpg (fast
>
> It's kind of a lazy day, here, so I snapped this shot of my daughter
> relaxing with Mich.
>
> I doubt there's much wrong, technically, with it, but I'm sure some fault
> can be found if one looks critically enough...

Nice!

--
Chris F.A. Johnson <http://cfajohnson.com/photos/>
Author: ===============================

Tim Conway

"Dudley Hanks" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> http://www.blind-apertures.ca/Latest...yAfternoon.jpg (full size)
> http://www.blind-apertures.ca/Latest...rnoonSmall.jpg (fast
>
> It's kind of a lazy day, here, so I snapped this shot of my daughter
> relaxing with Mich.
>
> I doubt there's much wrong, technically, with it, but I'm sure some fault
> can be found if one looks critically enough...

good shot

Dudley Hanks

> On 2010-06-20 15:00:50 -0700, "Dudley Hanks" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> said:
>
>> http://www.blind-apertures.ca/Latest...yAfternoon.jpg (full size)
>> http://www.blind-apertures.ca/Latest...rnoonSmall.jpg (fast
>>
>> It's kind of a lazy day, here, so I snapped this shot of my daughter
>> relaxing with Mich.
>>
>> I doubt there's much wrong, technically, with it, but I'm sure some fault
>> can be found if one looks critically enough...
>>
>> Take Care,
>> Dudley

> To hell with the critics. This is a great shot for Father's Day Dudley.
> I have to say this is is probably one of the best you have managed to
> capture and present to us.
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Savageduck

Thanks, SD, I appreciate that.

It's the first pic I've shot in a long time where I just wanted to capture
the moment.

Take Care,
Dudley

David J Taylor

> http://www.blind-apertures.ca/Latest...yAfternoon.jpg (full
> size)
> http://www.blind-apertures.ca/Latest...rnoonSmall.jpg (fast
>
> It's kind of a lazy day, here, so I snapped this shot of my daughter
> relaxing with Mich.
>
> I doubt there's much wrong, technically, with it, but I'm sure some
> fault can be found if one looks critically enough...
>
> Take Care,
> Dudley

Captures the atmosphere very well - excellent!

David

Tzortzakakis Dimitris

Ο "Dudley Hanks" <(E-Mail Removed)> έγραψε στο μήνυμα
> http://www.blind-apertures.ca/Latest...yAfternoon.jpg (full size)
> http://www.blind-apertures.ca/Latest...rnoonSmall.jpg (fast
>
> It's kind of a lazy day, here, so I snapped this shot of my daughter
> relaxing with Mich.
>
> I doubt there's much wrong, technically, with it, but I'm sure some fault
> can be found if one looks critically enough...

good one, Dudley! The lighting is good (no underexposure), and the dog and
girl aren't in the center, but more like the rule of thirds, so it's a good
composition, too.

--
Tzortzakakis Dimitrios
major in electrical engineering

Peter

"Dudley Hanks" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> http://www.blind-apertures.ca/Latest...yAfternoon.jpg (full size)
> http://www.blind-apertures.ca/Latest...rnoonSmall.jpg (fast
>
> It's kind of a lazy day, here, so I snapped this shot of my daughter
> relaxing with Mich.
>
> I doubt there's much wrong, technically, with it, but I'm sure some fault
> can be found if one looks critically enough...

My title for that shot is "love and trust."

--
Peter

Dudley Hanks

news:4c2008ce$0$5515$(E-Mail Removed)-secrets.com...
> "Dudley Hanks" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> http://www.blind-apertures.ca/Latest...yAfternoon.jpg (full size)
>> http://www.blind-apertures.ca/Latest...rnoonSmall.jpg (fast
>>
>> It's kind of a lazy day, here, so I snapped this shot of my daughter
>> relaxing with Mich.
>>
>> I doubt there's much wrong, technically, with it, but I'm sure some fault
>> can be found if one looks critically enough...
>>

> My title for that shot is "love and trust."
>
> --
> Peter

Hey, Pete, I like that...

BTW, I received the pic you sent. My son gave me his interpretation, which
sounds quite intriguing. I'll forward it to my wife and she'll describe it
as well. It sounds like your work is extrordinary...

Take Care,
Dudley

Robert Coe

:
: > http://www.blind-apertures.ca/Latest...yAfternoon.jpg (full size)
: > http://www.blind-apertures.ca/Latest...rnoonSmall.jpg (fast
: >
: > It's kind of a lazy day, here, so I snapped this shot of my daughter
: > relaxing with Mich.
: >
: > I doubt there's much wrong, technically, with it, but I'm sure some fault
: > can be found if one looks critically enough...
: >
: > Take Care,
: > Dudley
:
: To hell with the critics. This is a great shot for Father's Day Dudley.
: I have to say this is is probably one of the best you have managed to
: capture and present to us.

What critics? Aside from minor cropping suggestions reflecting individual
taste, what would one criticize?

Bob

Dudley Hanks

"Robert Coe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Sun, 20 Jun 2010 16:56:26 -0700, Savageduck
> <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:
> : On 2010-06-20 15:00:50 -0700, "Dudley Hanks" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> said:
> :
> : > http://www.blind-apertures.ca/Latest...yAfternoon.jpg (full
> size)
> : > http://www.blind-apertures.ca/Latest...rnoonSmall.jpg
> (fast
> : >
> : > It's kind of a lazy day, here, so I snapped this shot of my daughter
> : > relaxing with Mich.
> : >
> : > I doubt there's much wrong, technically, with it, but I'm sure some
> fault
> : > can be found if one looks critically enough...
> : >
> : > Take Care,
> : > Dudley
> :
> : To hell with the critics. This is a great shot for Father's Day Dudley.
> : I have to say this is is probably one of the best you have managed to
> : capture and present to us.
>
> What critics? Aside from minor cropping suggestions reflecting individual
> taste, what would one criticize?
>
> Bob

Thanks, Bob, I appreciate the thought.

It was a great Fathers Day, and I'm glad the pic captured the feeling.

Take Care,
Dudley