Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > What is that Convertible behind the truck

What is that Convertible behind the truck

Clot

Aardvark wrote:
> On Sun, 20 Jun 2010 22:50:02 +0100, Clot wrote:
>
>> As the title.
>>
>> At 3.07 in.
>>
>> I'm curious.
>>
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGQCk...eature=related

> Triumph Vitesse soft top?

Close! I think it is a Triumph Herald. The Vitesse had twin headlights.

OldGringo38

On 6/20/2010 11:36 PM Just to please that super-ego, alan wrote the
following tidbit of information:

> "OldGringo38" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:hvmlfi$96f$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org...
>> On 6/20/2010 8:24 PM Just to please that super-ego, Beauregard T.
>> Shagnasty wrote the following tidbit of information:

>>> I spent the day today at the MG Car Club of Central New York
>>> http://www.mgcarclub.com/cny/
>>> at their annual Euro Car and Bike show in Cazenovia, NY.
>>>
>>> There were plenty of MGs and all the rest there (226 cars registered)
>>> but only a few had For Sale signs on 'em.>g>
>>>
>>> Most unusual car, I thought, was the 1957 Heinkel. Looks like this:
>>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/albertsbite/3233885755/
>>>

>> I remember when BMW put the Izeta on the market as an attempt to save
>> their ass when things were rough for them.
>> http://www.flippotheclown.com/izeta.jpg Looked a lot like your Heinkel.

> The Isetta was originally made by the Iso company of Italy in 1953, then
> later manufactured in France by Velam and in Brazil by Romi and in
> Germany by BMW in l955 . . .
>
> I recall seeing a few of them in Berkeley in the 60s and 70s, but
> haven't seen one on the road anywhere since then .. .

They may have been outlawed because of safety reasons. I don't think
I'd want to be in a head-on collision in one. <g>

--
OldGringo38
Just West Of Nowhere

Jordon

Clot wrote:
> As the title.
>
> At 3.07 in.
>
> I'm curious.
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGQCk...eature=related

My vote is for Fiat Spider.

--
Jordon

Jordon

Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
> OldGringo38 wrote:
>
>> I think they are all collector items now, be hard to find one.

> I spent the day today at the MG Car Club of Central New York
> http://www.mgcarclub.com/cny/
> at their annual Euro Car and Bike show in Cazenovia, NY.
>
> There were plenty of MGs and all the rest there (226 cars registered)
> but only a few had For Sale signs on 'em.>g>
>
> Most unusual car, I thought, was the 1957 Heinkel. Looks like this:
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/albertsbite/3233885755/

Messerschmitt Kabinenroller

http://www.columbia.edu/~fdc/frankfu...erschmitt.html

OldGringo38

On 6/21/2010 1:57 PM Just to please that super-ego, Jordon wrote the
following tidbit of information:
> Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
>> OldGringo38 wrote:
>>
>>> I think they are all collector items now, be hard to find one.

>> I spent the day today at the MG Car Club of Central New York
>> http://www.mgcarclub.com/cny/
>> at their annual Euro Car and Bike show in Cazenovia, NY.
>>
>> There were plenty of MGs and all the rest there (226 cars registered)
>> but only a few had For Sale signs on 'em.>g>
>>
>> Most unusual car, I thought, was the 1957 Heinkel. Looks like this:
>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/albertsbite/3233885755/

> Messerschmitt Kabinenroller
>
> http://www.columbia.edu/~fdc/frankfu...erschmitt.html

updated version:
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_3gCpF5NV4O...ote%2B2008.jpg

--

nobody > wrote:
> On 6/20/2010 9:36 PM, alan wrote:
>>
>> "OldGringo38" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:hvmlfi$96f$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org...

>>> I remember when BMW put the Izeta on the market as an attempt to save
>>> their ass when things were rough for them.
>>> http://www.flippotheclown.com/izeta.jpg Looked a lot like your Heinkel.

>> The Isetta was originally made by the Iso company of Italy in 1953, then
>> later manufactured in France by Velam and in Brazil by Romi and in
>> Germany by BMW in l955 . . .
>>
>> I recall seeing a few of them in Berkeley in the 60s and 70s, but
>> haven't seen one on the road anywhere since then .. .

> I see a couple of them running around the Seattle area, both appear to
> have been restored or extremely well-cared for.

Got one just down the street from where I live in West
Seattle.

--
Jordon

Clot

Jordon wrote:
> Clot wrote:
>> As the title.
>>
>> At 3.07 in.
>>
>> I'm curious.
>>
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGQCk...eature=related

> My vote is for Fiat Spider.

Too boxy for a Spider? I think I was put off my first hunch, a Triumph
Herald, as the front fender is different from that sold in the UK.

Aardvark

On Mon, 21 Jun 2010 11:57:47 -0700, Jordon wrote:

> Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
>> OldGringo38 wrote:
>>
>>> I think they are all collector items now, be hard to find one.

>> I spent the day today at the MG Car Club of Central New York
>> http://www.mgcarclub.com/cny/
>> at their annual Euro Car and Bike show in Cazenovia, NY.
>>
>> There were plenty of MGs and all the rest there (226 cars registered)
>> but only a few had For Sale signs on 'em.>g>
>>
>> Most unusual car, I thought, was the 1957 Heinkel. Looks like this:
>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/albertsbite/3233885755/

> Messerschmitt Kabinenroller
>
> http://www.columbia.edu/~fdc/frankfu...erschmitt.html

Didn't they make those from left over parts from aircraft manufacture?

Meat Plow

On Tue, 22 Jun 2010 00:03:24 +0000, Aardvark ǝʇoɹʍ:

> On Mon, 21 Jun 2010 11:57:47 -0700, Jordon wrote:
>
>> Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:

>>> I spent the day today at the MG Car Club of Central New York
>>> http://www.mgcarclub.com/cny/
>>> at their annual Euro Car and Bike show in Cazenovia, NY.
>>>
>>> There were plenty of MGs and all the rest there (226 cars registered)
>>> but only a few had For Sale signs on 'em.>g>
>>>
>>> Most unusual car, I thought, was the 1957 Heinkel. Looks like this:
>>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/albertsbite/3233885755/

>> Messerschmitt Kabinenroller
>>
>> http://www.columbia.edu/~fdc/frankfu...erschmitt.html

> Didn't they make those from left over parts from aircraft manufacture?

If so where are the 20mm cannons and 7mm machine guns?

Aardvark

On Tue, 22 Jun 2010 01:20:57 +0000, Meat Plow wrote:

> On Tue, 22 Jun 2010 00:03:24 +0000, Aardvark ǝʇoɹʍ:

>>> Messerschmitt Kabinenroller
>>>
>>> http://www.columbia.edu/~fdc/frankfu...erschmitt.html

>> Didn't they make those from left over parts from aircraft manufacture?

> If so where are the 20mm cannons and 7mm machine guns?

Not *those* leftover parts.