Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > What is that Convertible behind the truck

What is that Convertible behind the truck

richard

On Sun, 20 Jun 2010 19:06:48 -0500, OldGringo38 wrote:

> On 6/20/2010 6:04 PM Just to please that super-ego, richard wrote the
> following tidbit of information:
>> On Sun, 20 Jun 2010 17:29:43 -0500, OldGringo38 wrote:
>>
>>> On 6/20/2010 4:50 PM Just to please that super-ego, Clot wrote the
>>> following tidbit of information:

>>> MG http://www.bmh-ltd.com/images/mgb_1.jpg
>>>
>>> It's the midget.
>>>
>>> http://terrifieddad.files.wordpress...._midget_16.jpg

>> I need to get me one of them. Would make an excellent tow car.
>>

> I think they are all collector items now, be hard to find one. I bought
> one in the early 60's, don't know why, but it was fun on the Hwy but no
> good on dirt roads, and in the 60's there were a lot of them.

Found quite a few of them on ebay.
More common ones seemed to be from the 70's.

--
I learned my lesson well. You can't please everyone, so you got to please
yourself.

Meat Plow

On Sun, 20 Jun 2010 19:03:38 -0500, OldGringo38 ǝʇoɹʍ:

> On 6/20/2010 6:08 PM Just to please that super-ego, Meat Plow wrote the
> following tidbit of information:
>> On Sun, 20 Jun 2010 17:26:02 -0500, OldGringo38 ǝʇoɹʍ:
>>
>>> On 6/20/2010 4:50 PM Just to please that super-ego, Clot wrote the
>>> following tidbit of information:

>>> MG http://www.bmh-ltd.com/images/mgb_1.jpg

>> That's it. A friend had one a long time ago in the 70's. What a fun car
>> to drive if you greased the seats with KY so you could squeeze in it.

> Definitely a fun little car I think top speed was something like 80MPH.
> I think the one in the video is a Midget.

Yeah the 70's midget top speed was 80mph but in 2nd gear!

LSMFT

Clot wrote:
> As the title.
>
> At 3.07 in.
>
> I'm curious.
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGQCk...eature=related

Probably a Nash Healey.

--
LSMFT

I don't like to interrupt her.

Aardvark

On Sun, 20 Jun 2010 22:50:02 +0100, Clot wrote:

> As the title.
>
> At 3.07 in.
>
> I'm curious.
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGQCk...eature=related

Triumph Vitesse soft top?

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

OldGringo38 wrote:

> Meat Plow wrote:
>> OldGringo38 ǝʇoɹʍ:
>>>
>>> MG http://www.bmh-ltd.com/images/mgb_1.jpg

>> That's it. A friend had one a long time ago in the 70's. What a fun
>> car to drive if you greased the seats with KY so you could squeeze
>> in it.

> Definitely a fun little car I think top speed was something like
> 80MPH. I think the one in the video is a Midget.

I think the one in the video is a Sunbeam Alpine.
http://www.full-service-aviator.com/Sunbeam_Alpine.jpg
(It's not any model MG.)

--
-bts

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

OldGringo38 wrote:

> I think they are all collector items now, be hard to find one.

I spent the day today at the MG Car Club of Central New York
http://www.mgcarclub.com/cny/
at their annual Euro Car and Bike show in Cazenovia, NY.

There were plenty of MGs and all the rest there (226 cars registered)
but only a few had For Sale signs on 'em. >g>

Most unusual car, I thought, was the 1957 Heinkel. Looks like this:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/albertsbite/3233885755/

--
-bts

Aardvark

On Sun, 20 Jun 2010 21:24:39 -0400, Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:

> OldGringo38 wrote:
>
>> I think they are all collector items now, be hard to find one.

> I spent the day today at the MG Car Club of Central New York
> http://www.mgcarclub.com/cny/
> at their annual Euro Car and Bike show in Cazenovia, NY.
>
> There were plenty of MGs and all the rest there (226 cars registered)
> but only a few had For Sale signs on 'em. >g>
>
> Most unusual car, I thought, was the 1957 Heinkel. Looks like this:
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/albertsbite/3233885755/

And the only access to the vehicle was through the front. Bubble cars
used to be all the rage here in the UK in the early sixties. Very beatnik.

OldGringo38

On 6/20/2010 8:15 PM Just to please that super-ego, Beauregard T.
Shagnasty wrote the following tidbit of information:
> OldGringo38 wrote:
>
>> Meat Plow wrote:
>>> OldGringo38 ǝʇoɹʍ:

>>> That's it. A friend had one a long time ago in the 70's. What a fun
>>> car to drive if you greased the seats with KY so you could squeeze
>>> in it.

>> Definitely a fun little car I think top speed was something like
>> 80MPH. I think the one in the video is a Midget.

> I think the one in the video is a Sunbeam Alpine.
> http://www.full-service-aviator.com/Sunbeam_Alpine.jpg
> (It's not any model MG.)

Look at the parking light, you have to stop the video to see it along
with other details. Or do you just like to blow smoke. It is an MG Midget.

--
OldGringo38
Just West Of Nowhere

OldGringo38

On 6/20/2010 8:24 PM Just to please that super-ego, Beauregard T.
Shagnasty wrote the following tidbit of information:
> OldGringo38 wrote:
>
>> I think they are all collector items now, be hard to find one.

> I spent the day today at the MG Car Club of Central New York
> http://www.mgcarclub.com/cny/
> at their annual Euro Car and Bike show in Cazenovia, NY.
>
> There were plenty of MGs and all the rest there (226 cars registered)
> but only a few had For Sale signs on 'em.>g>
>
> Most unusual car, I thought, was the 1957 Heinkel. Looks like this:
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/albertsbite/3233885755/

I remember when BMW put the Izeta on the market as an attempt to save
their ass when things were rough for them.
http://www.flippotheclown.com/izeta.jpg Looked a lot like your Heinkel.

--
OldGringo38
Just West Of Nowhere
Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
http://www.NuBoy-Industries.Com

alan

"OldGringo38" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:hvmlfi$96f$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org...
> On 6/20/2010 8:24 PM Just to please that super-ego, Beauregard T.
> Shagnasty wrote the following tidbit of information:
>> OldGringo38 wrote:
>>
>>> I think they are all collector items now, be hard to find one.

>> I spent the day today at the MG Car Club of Central New York
>> http://www.mgcarclub.com/cny/
>> at their annual Euro Car and Bike show in Cazenovia, NY.
>>
>> There were plenty of MGs and all the rest there (226 cars registered)
>> but only a few had For Sale signs on 'em.>g>
>>
>> Most unusual car, I thought, was the 1957 Heinkel. Looks like this:
>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/albertsbite/3233885755/
>>

> I remember when BMW put the Izeta on the market as an attempt to save
> their ass when things were rough for them.
> http://www.flippotheclown.com/izeta.jpg Looked a lot like your Heinkel.

The Isetta was originally made by the Iso company of Italy in 1953, then
later manufactured in France by Velam and in Brazil by Romi and in Germany
by BMW in l955 . . .

I recall seeing a few of them in Berkeley in the 60s and 70s, but haven't
seen one on the road anywhere since then .. .