Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Firefox and IE problem because of a virus

Firefox and IE problem because of a virus

darfun

Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer don't really function anymore,
or i don't trust them enough to use them anymore. The problem is
difficult to describe, but random elements of certain pages refuse to
load. Sometimes entire pages do not load. Any sort've Flash interface
seems to not function. It could be javascript also. Running Firefox in
safe mode does nothing.

I figured a picture might help describe the problem more accurately,
currently one of the most busted sites is Penny Arcade. Firefox and
Internet Explorer both make the website look like this:

http://kwix.shackspace.com/firefoxbroke.JPG

I also happen to have Google Chrome installed - and the strange thing
is that Chrome works like a charm and was obviously unaffected by
these viruses. What i want to know is there anyway of repairing my
Firefox and IE back to a stable running condition? I mean - i could
just use Chrome now, but i'd rather use the browser i enjoy using.
I've already tried reinstalling both of these applications with 0
effect. Could this be caused by some sort've registry edit? Perhaps
there is something else i can do to help discover exactly what is
wrong with them? Any info you guys can give me on what i might be able
to do to fix these two applications would be huge. Thanks. I know that
it might not be either of them, there are tons of mini apps that get
installed as you browse - things like javascript and flash and i worry
that perhaps one of them is busted now, but if thats true then why
does Chrome work? See the solutions at
http://qna.techvts.com/63/firefox-an...-to-a-virus#85

Rob

darfun <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer don't really function anymore,
> or i don't trust them enough to use them anymore.

When using the web interface of a Cisco router?
Or are you again spamming an unrelated newsgroup with you usual crap?