Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Frontpage error messages

Frontpage error messages

fastmoggy

Hi all,

Just a quick question...im using FrontPage to make my webpage but im now
getting a message 'unexpected error occurred. Not enough memory available to
complete the operation. Close other programs to make more memory available
and press again'
Well here's my comp specs
3.gig processor
2 gig memory
win xp pro

The program in question is gen although very old by win 2007 standards!!
just need help with this as im updating my old site from 86 and things must
have change!

fastmoggy

"fastmoggy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> Just a quick question...im using FrontPage to make my webpage but im now
> getting a message 'unexpected error occurred. Not enough memory available
> to complete the operation. Close other programs to make more memory
> available and press again'
> Well here's my comp specs
> 3.gig processor
> 2 gig memory
> win xp pro
>
> The program in question is gen although very old by win 2007 standards!!
> just need help with this as im updating my old site from 86 and things
> must have change!
>
> Make that 96! still irritating error message though!!

Im able to do 2 pages before this message appears, i can work through it but
i have cancel the error message every time.

chuckcar

"fastmoggy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in

> Hi all,
>
> Just a quick question...im using FrontPage to make my webpage but im
> now getting a message 'unexpected error occurred. Not enough memory
> available to complete the operation. Close other programs to make more
> memory available and press again'
> Well here's my comp specs
> 3.gig processor
> 2 gig memory
> win xp pro
>
> The program in question is gen although very old by win 2007
> standards!! just need help with this as im updating my old site from
> 86 and things must have change!

Try a) disabling startup b) shutting down *everything* else in the
foreground.

--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

Tommy McClure

On Sat, 19 Jun 2010 22:56:56 +0100, fastmoggy wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Just a quick question...im using FrontPage to make my webpage but im now
> getting a message 'unexpected error occurred. Not enough memory available to
> complete the operation. Close other programs to make more memory available
> and press again'
> Well here's my comp specs
> 3.gig processor
> 2 gig memory
> win xp pro
>
> The program in question is gen although very old by win 2007 standards!!
> just need help with this as im updating my old site from 86 and things must
> have change!

does XP pro come with FrontPage?

6/20/2010 10:46:34 AM
--
Tommy
my webpages : www.hal-pc.org/~toner27

fastmoggy

"Tommy McClure" <tmDEL72@hal-pcmunged..org> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> On Sat, 19 Jun 2010 22:56:56 +0100, fastmoggy wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Just a quick question...im using FrontPage to make my webpage but im now
>> getting a message 'unexpected error occurred. Not enough memory available
>> complete the operation. Close other programs to make more memory
>> available
>> and press again'
>> Well here's my comp specs
>> 3.gig processor
>> 2 gig memory
>> win xp pro
>>
>> The program in question is gen although very old by win 2007 standards!!
>> just need help with this as im updating my old site from 86 and things
>> must
>> have change!

> does XP pro come with FrontPage?

In short NO. In days of old, FrontPage was included with windows operating
system but then pulled so they could include it with word 2003 (unless it
was before then?)

Ok so not helpful reply but thanks anyway

chuckcar

Tommy McClure <tmDEL72@hal-pcmunged..org> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> On Sat, 19 Jun 2010 22:56:56 +0100, fastmoggy wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Just a quick question...im using FrontPage to make my webpage but im
>> now getting a message 'unexpected error occurred. Not enough memory
>> available to complete the operation. Close other programs to make
>> more memory available and press again'
>> Well here's my comp specs
>> 3.gig processor
>> 2 gig memory
>> win xp pro
>>
>> The program in question is gen although very old by win 2007
>> standards!! just need help with this as im updating my old site from
>> 86 and things must have change!

> does XP pro come with FrontPage?

It's a free download from Microsoft. Has been since after 98 1st edition

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...9-225b7ba80d2a

appears to be the last version they produced.

--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

fastmoggy

"chuckcar" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> Tommy McClure <tmDEL72@hal-pcmunged..org> wrote in
> news:(E-Mail Removed):
>

>> On Sat, 19 Jun 2010 22:56:56 +0100, fastmoggy wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> Just a quick question...im using FrontPage to make my webpage but im
>>> now getting a message 'unexpected error occurred. Not enough memory
>>> available to complete the operation. Close other programs to make
>>> more memory available and press again'
>>> Well here's my comp specs
>>> 3.gig processor
>>> 2 gig memory
>>> win xp pro
>>>
>>> The program in question is gen although very old by win 2007
>>> standards!! just need help with this as im updating my old site from
>>> 86 and things must have change!

>> does XP pro come with FrontPage?
>>

> It's a free download from Microsoft. Has been since after 98 1st edition
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...9-225b7ba80d2a
>
> appears to be the last version they produced.
>
> --

Err Thanks for the info but my question still remains unanswered!
Ive downloaded the program anyway but im a little miffed that an 'Genuine'
copy is giving me so much bother.
With the introduction of the Windows genuine advantage tool, is there anyway
that it has identified my genuine copy of FrontPage? bundled software from
yonks ago as a nasty?. Apart from the error message i keep getting all of a
sudden there is no message telling me otherwise.
Oh well i'll keep banging on and do ones best.

chuckcar

> "chuckcar" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> Tommy McClure <tmDEL72@hal-pcmunged..org> wrote in
>> news:(E-Mail Removed):
>>

>> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...ang=en&FamilyI
>> D=478630ca-3137-4e82-a539-225b7ba80d2a
>>
>> appears to be the last version they produced.
>>
>> --

> Err Thanks for the info but my question still remains unanswered!
> Ive downloaded the program anyway but im a little miffed that an
> 'Genuine' copy is giving me so much bother.
> With the introduction of the Windows genuine advantage tool, is there
> anyway that it has identified my genuine copy of FrontPage? bundled
> software from yonks ago as a nasty?. Apart from the error message i
> keep getting all of a sudden there is no message telling me otherwise.
> Oh well i'll keep banging on and do ones best.

You didn't see my other reply? In addition, you *do* shut your computer
*completely* off - *not* standby - when you're not using it right?

--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

Tony

I saw your other reply, i'd like to shut your computer off.

--
The Grandmaster of the CyberFROG

Come get your ticket to CyberFROG city

manners

Very few. I used to take calls from *rank* noobs but got fired the first day
on the job for potty mouth,

the realm of understandability

Tony

That's because his mommy will box his ears for using too much electricity.