Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Programming Java 3D API Book Recommendation

Programming Java 3D API Book Recommendation

Martijn Mulder

What is the best book on programming the Java 3D API? I am experienced in
OpenGL, DirectX and XNA in other settings. I have the book 'The Java 3D API
Specification, Second Edition from Sun.

What book can you recommend for an intermediate/advanced programmer on the
subject of Programming the Java 2D API?

Thank you

Fimme

"Martijn Mulder" <i@m> schreef in bericht
news:4c1cd5fa$0$77902$(E-Mail Removed)...
> What is the best book on programming the Java 3D API? I am experienced in
> OpenGL, DirectX and XNA in other settings. I have the book 'The Java 3D
> API Specification, Second Edition from Sun.
>
> What book can you recommend for an intermediate/advanced programmer on the
> subject of Programming the Java 2D API?
>
> Thank you

My knowledge is not up to date, and the books are not strictly about the
API, but I use:

Manning: Daniel Selman, Java 3d Programming, 2002, ISBN 1-930110-35-9
(Good introduction, a classic.)

O'Reilly: Andrew Davison, Killer Game Programming in Java, 2005, ISBN
0-596-00730-2
(Nice and instructive codeexamples, also if your focus is not in gaming, as
in my case, about € 36,-)

Books that have nothing to do with Java 3D, but help me with
matrix-manipulation:
Morgan Kaufman/Elsevier: Eberly, 3D Game Engine design, 2007, ISBN 13:
978-0-12-229063-3 or 10: 0-12-229063-1
(about € 62,-)

Wiley: Anton, Rorres, Elementary Linear Algebra, 1994. Ooit bij "de Slechte"
gekocht.

For Java 2D I use the Deitel-books.

H. groeten, Hans de Jong

Simon Brooke

On Wed, 28 Jul 2010 17:34:11 +0200, Fimme wrote:

> O'Reilly: Andrew Davison, Killer Game Programming in Java, 2005, ISBN
> 0-596-00730-2
> (Nice and instructive codeexamples, also if your focus is not in
> gaming, as
> in my case, about € 36,-)

I'd second that recommendation. A much better book than its title implies.

--

;; Semper in faecibus sumus, sole profundam variat

Java Struts: Book Recommendation? Steve Java 12 11-20-2010 12:34 PM
Ask for book recommendation on component programming shuisheng C++ 1 03-12-2007 01:02 PM
book recommendation on java scripts, css, html Jason ASP .Net 0 09-25-2006 10:58 PM
java book recommendation jesse Java 6 01-07-2004 02:05 PM
Java Parallel Port Programming with the Java Communications API Paul Perrone Java 0 08-21-2003 03:45 PM

Advertisments