Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > search database

search database

Guoqi Zheng

Dear sir,

I have over 2000 products with detail information on database.

I would like to offer our visitors an advanced search function to search our
database. Currently, I am using the like % keyword in Ms Sql to offer the
search function. However, I found that function not enough when people like
to search a sentence or when dealing with search result ranking.

Can some one point out a good article/source code for database searching in
ASP.NET(VB.NET)? How can I create an advanced full text search function
without using the full text index from Ms Sql?

Thanks in advanced.

Rajagopal Pasupuleti

check this article

http://www.freevbcode.com/ShowCode.asp?ID=4224

Rajagopal Pasupuleti

Guoqi Zheng

That uses the Full Text search from Ms Sql. It is nice, however, Ms Sql Full
Text Search has its own ranking system, I can not break into the ranking.

I would like to control the ranking myself. And idea how to write a search
engine like Google?

--
Met vriendelijke groet,

Guoqi Zheng
Tel: +31 (0) 23 5343545
http://www.meetholland.com
"Rajagopal Pasupuleti" <(E-Mail Removed)> 写入消息新闻
:utfj$(E-Mail Removed)...