Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > IsClientConnected

IsClientConnected

Raj

We are developing applications that demand gauranteed delivery of a download.
right now we are using IsClientConnected flag to check if client is connected

Are there are scenarios where this flag will return true even though the
client is actually disconnected.

Are there secnarios where the flag will return false even though the client
is actually connected.

Is there some documentation or can somebody shed light on how this works.

Any help is greatly apprciated.

Thanks in Advance

Rajesh.

3P

Dnia 18-06-2010 o 18:49:55 Raj <(E-Mail Removed)> napisał(a):

> We are developing applications that demand gauranteed delivery of a
> download.
> right now we are using IsClientConnected flag to check if client is
> connected
>
> Are there are scenarios where this flag will return true even though the
> client is actually disconnected.
>
> Are there secnarios where the flag will return false even though the
> client
> is actually connected.
>
> Is there some documentation or can somebody shed light on how this works.
>
> Any help is greatly apprciated.
>
> Thanks in Advance
>
> Rajesh.

I don't know of situations where it reports false even tough client is
connected.
But You can get this

if (IsClientConnected)
{
// PrepareData to send

// Client disconnects

// SendData which won't succed
}

Response.IsClientConnected not working in IIS6 (W2003 Standard Edition SP1)? kibokochui ASP General 5 01-18-2006 09:42 PM
IsClientConnected Pete ASP General 3 10-28-2003 07:20 AM
Response.IsClientConnected alien2_51 ASP General 3 08-27-2003 03:48 PM
Response.IsClientConnected alien2_51 ASP .Net 5 08-27-2003 06:31 AM

Advertisments