Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > MySky and HDMI

MySky and HDMI

Old Wolf

I need a second monitor for my PC and would also like to
be able to watch high-definition Sky sport, so I am thinking
about getting MySky HDi , and getting a 24" LCD monitor
with HDMI+HDCP input and 1080p. Will this work?

I haven't used any HDMI gear before and have some
questions:
1) Can I connect the MySky to my old (non HD) TV
and the new monitor simultaneously, with the old TV
displaying in SD and the monitor displaying in HD?
2) The specs say the MySky is HDMI 1.2 and the
monitor is HDMI 1.3, does that cause a problem?
3) One of the monitors I'm considering only has HDMI
input but my PC video card only has DVI output,
can I get an adapter or do I have to get a video card with
HDMI out? (I don't care about watching DVDs via the
PC, but I definitely want digital signal, not the analogue
transported over the DVI connection).

Another Me

On 15/06/10 10:38 PM, Old Wolf wrote:

> 2) The specs say the MySky is HDMI 1.2 and the
> monitor is HDMI 1.3, does that cause a problem?

Nope

> 3) One of the monitors I'm considering only has HDMI
> input but my PC video card only has DVI output,
> can I get an adapter or do I have to get a video card with
> HDMI out? (I don't care about watching DVDs via the
> PC, but I definitely want digital signal, not the analogue
> transported over the DVI connection).

You can purchase DVI-HDMI adapters, or cables