Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Safari 5 for Windows

Safari 5 for Windows

cwdjrxyz

I just received a notice that Safari 5 for Windows is now available
and downloaded it. Using a Vista 64-bit OS, I had no problems
installing it and have not yet noticed any gross bugs. I don't know
when the standard version for Apple OSs became available. I have not
used Safari 5 enough yet to catch possible minor bugs and see if I
like it better than Safari 4. Does anyone have any comments on Safari
5?

Neredbojias

On 13 Jun 2010, cwdjrxyz <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I just received a notice that Safari 5 for Windows is now available
> and downloaded it. Using a Vista 64-bit OS, I had no problems
> installing it and have not yet noticed any gross bugs. I don't know
> when the standard version for Apple OSs became available. I have not
> used Safari 5 enough yet to catch possible minor bugs and see if I
> like it better than Safari 4. Does anyone have any comments on Safari
> 5?

Got it, and it seems good. Don't notice that much difference from 4,
but I haven't really put it through its paces yet.

--
Neredbojias

http://www.neredbojias.org/
http://www.neredbojias.net/

dorayme

In article
<(E-Mail Removed)
>,

cwdjrxyz <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I just received a notice that Safari 5 for Windows is now available
> and downloaded it. Using a Vista 64-bit OS, I had no problems
> installing it and have not yet noticed any gross bugs. I don't know
> when the standard version for Apple OSs became available. I have not
> used Safari 5 enough yet to catch possible minor bugs and see if I
> like it better than Safri 4. Does anyone have any comments on Safari
> 5?d

I just updated an Intel Macbook with it and it seems to do just
about what my last Safari did, but I am not very demanding of
browsers... There are usually various issues discussed in
Mac groups but these may not be that relevant to you on Windows.

I think 5 was released for the Mac earlier this month. These
features sound good:

<http://www.apple.com/safari/whats-new.html>

--
dorayme

New Safari Browser for Windows & the WMP 11 cwdjrxyz HTML 0 06-16-2007 03:23 AM
windows safari and windows Andrew Poulos Javascript 2 06-14-2007 12:34 PM
Windows XP: Safari 3 Bernhard Sturm HTML 17 06-13-2007 06:35 PM
Safari on Windows Mark Rae ASP .Net 3 06-12-2007 07:00 PM
overloading MAC (Safari) <-> Windows (IE 6.0) Stijn Goris HTML 2 02-16-2004 07:19 PM

Advertisments