Velocity Reviews > General Computer Discussion > General Computer Support > java.security.AccessControlException: access denied (java.io.FilePermission read)

java.security.AccessControlException: access denied (java.io.FilePermission read)

yellowsocks yellowsocks is offline
Junior Member

Hi. I'm not exactly new to Java, but I am new to this whole put-applets-online thing. My applet won't show up and I get this error:

java.security.AccessControlException: access denied (java.io.FilePermission [file path] read)

a bunch of times. I know I need to sign my applet, but I don't know how or where. I've been almost everywhere online, and I just don't get it. I don't want to buy a certificate. This program is going to be used by only a small number of people. (like 3 people at most) I don't know how to create .jar files either.

this is the code for the html file:
Quote:
<head>
<title>blahblah blah</title>
</head>
<applet code="GUIApplet.class" width="1230" height="500">
Directory of Government agencies
</applet>
this is my code for the applet:
Quote:
import java.applet.*;
import javax.swing.*;

public class GUIApplet extends JApplet
{
public void init()
{
GovernmentAgencies newkid = new GovernmentAgencies();
JFrame directory = new JFrame("Directorio de Agencias Gubernamentales");
directory.setDefaultCloseOperation(JFrame.EXIT_ON_ CLOSE);
directory.getContentPane().add(new Bulk2(newkid));
directory.pack();
directory.setVisible(true);
setSize(1230,500);
}

}
I'm not sure how just placing the files on someone's computer will work because the people who are going to use this program, their computers are running on Windows '98 or 2000.

I... I don't know what to do.