Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > MD5 Hash

MD5 Hash

Philipp Kraus

Hi,

I need in my C++ programm a MD5 hash value. I'm write my codes with
Boost for Unix, OSX and Windows. Is there any class or function in the
STD for creating a MD5 hash or supports Boost MD5 hash?
Can you help me with a little code example?
My solution idea is to compile OpenSSL and link the library?

Thanks

Phil

Victor Bazarov

On 6/10/2010 2:15 PM, Philipp Kraus wrote:
> I need in my C++ programm a MD5 hash value. I'm write my codes with
> Boost for Unix, OSX and Windows. Is there any class or function in the
> STD for creating a MD5 hash

No.

> or supports Boost MD5 hash?

You need to look for it on Boost's web site.

> Can you help me with a little code example?

Not really. Have you tried looking for it on Google? I would hazard a
guess that there are open-source solutions for that. Perhaps even on
'sourceforge.net'...

> My solution idea is to compile OpenSSL and link the library?

I don't know. Why are you asking?

Richard

Philipp Kraus <(E-Mail Removed)> spake the secret code
<hura3l$lkr$(E-Mail Removed)> thusly:

>I need in my C++ programm a MD5 hash value. I'm write my codes with
>Boost for Unix, OSX and Windows. Is there any class or function in the
>STD for creating a MD5 hash or supports Boost MD5 hash?
>Can you help me with a little code example?
>My solution idea is to compile OpenSSL and link the library?

Try Crypto++ <http://cryptopp.com/>

Disclaimer: I haven't used it myself.

Philipp Kraus

On 2010-06-10 20:45:52 +0200, Richard said:

> Philipp Kraus <(E-Mail Removed)> spake the secret code
> <hura3l$lkr$(E-Mail Removed)> thusly:
>
>> I need in my C++ programm a MD5 hash value. I'm write my codes with
>> Boost for Unix, OSX and Windows. Is there any class or function in the
>> STD for creating a MD5 hash or supports Boost MD5 hash?
>> Can you help me with a little code example?
>> My solution idea is to compile OpenSSL and link the library?

> Try Crypto++ <http://cryptopp.com/>
>
> Disclaimer: I haven't used it myself.

Thanks, that's a very nice lib, because it's a "wrapper class" for the
os functions

Jorgen Grahn

On Thu, 2010-06-10, Philipp Kraus wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I need in my C++ programm a MD5 hash value. I'm write my codes with
> Boost for Unix, OSX and Windows. Is there any class or function in the
> STD for creating a MD5 hash or supports Boost MD5 hash?

What's the STD?

> Can you help me with a little code example?
> My solution idea is to compile OpenSSL and link the library?

That would work. It's also common for people to copy a public-domain
or liberally licensed version (in C) into their project, and use it.
There is a version by Colin Plumb which is commonly used; google it,

/Jorgen

--
// Jorgen Grahn <grahn@ Oo o. . .
\X/ snipabacken.se> O o .

Richard

Jorgen Grahn <(E-Mail Removed)> spake the secret code
<(E-Mail Removed)> thusly:

>On Thu, 2010-06-10, Philipp Kraus wrote:
>> My solution idea is to compile OpenSSL and link the library?

>That would work. It's also common for people to copy a public-domain
>or liberally licensed version (in C) into their project, and use it.
>There is a version by Colin Plumb which is commonly used; google it,

According to its web page, the Crypto++ library contains mostly public
domain sources.

Juha Nieminen

http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/6225