Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > 3rd Party app stopping Zero config service on startup

3rd Party app stopping Zero config service on startup

=?Utf-8?B?QW5ndXMgUm9va2U=?=

I have a HP NC4200 laptop with an intel wireless card in it. The intel
program takes over the role of looking after wireless from windows. After
uninstalling the app the windows service is still not available, something
tells the service to stop during startup, but I can't find what. I've ran
msconfig and disabled all startup items and still the service stops it self
shortly after login..?? I've tried everything an IT engineer would try, just
wondering if there is anyway I can force the service to stay running, or
whether there is somewhere in the registry this could have been set by Intel
which escapes the standard run section.

please please help, it's really doing my head in!!

Clark

You might try removing the third party software. On my laptop, the Intel
utility turned itself off (or was turned off)and allowed the WZC to work.
Maybe updating the third party driver might help.

Clark

news:(E-Mail Removed)...