Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > VOIP > Scaling VOIP

Scaling VOIP

vjp2.at@at.BioStrategist.dot.dot.com

Suppose an outfit needs to use twenty five lines for robocalling one
week every thre emonths, can the use of thos elines be scaled on
demand or does one have to pay the VOIP (say Vonage) for all the lines
all the time?

- = -
http://www.panix.com/~vjp2/vasos.htm http://www.facebook.com/vasjpan2

Bodincus

(08/06/10 01:3, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed):
> Suppose an outfit needs to use twenty five lines for robocalling one
> week every thre emonths, can the use of thos elines be scaled on
> demand or does one have to pay the VOIP (say Vonage) for all the lines
> all the time?
>
> - = -
> Vasos Panagiotopoulos, Columbia'81+, Reagan, Mozart, Pindus, BioStrategist
> http://www.panix.com/~vjp2/vasos.htm http://www.facebook.com/vasjpan2
> ---{Nothing herein constitutes advice. Everything fully disclaimed.}---
> [Homeland Security means private firearms not lazy obstructive guards]
> [Urb sprawl confounds terror] [Phooey on GUI: Windows for subprime Bimbos]

?????
VoIP <> lines !!!!!
There is NO such concept as "lines" in VoIP.
Sure, Vonage et al will force upon you the obsolete and misleading
concept of "lines", but VoIP doesn't use one physical media to carry
each conversation, so - given you have enough bandwidth - you can carry
1 or 10000 conversations with the same VoIP account.
If you need more than two simultaneous conversations, I recommend the
use of a SIP trunk, rather than a basic SIP registration.
A SIP trunk can carry as many simultaneous conversations as you want:
you pay a monthly fee (usually low) and then for all the traffic you
make. That's it.
<tongue-in-cheek> Stay well clear from Vonage et al, overpriced and
misleading. </tongue-in-cheek>
--
Bodincus - The Y2K Druid