Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > VHDL > synthesis of exit in for loop

synthesis of exit in for loop

06-06-2010
Hi friends
I am new to FPGA world. I have one question, can exit command in for loop be synthesized ? if exit is true how many logic copies of for loop will be created.

for i in 0 to 6 loop
if i =4 then
exit;
end if;
end loop;

Many thanks

06-07-2010
The loop you have presented will not synthesize any hardware. If this is part of some process that you want to synthesize you need to post the entire code before someone can help you.

Posting Rules