Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > How to get dust off film for scanning.

How to get dust off film for scanning.

John Turco

Savageduck wrote:

> On 2010-06-08 06:10:24 -0700, "Peter" <(E-Mail Removed)> said:
>
> > "Savageduck" <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote in message
> >

> >> Damn!
> >> You just reminded me. I have two of those brushes packed away with
> >> about 1500 LPs, turntable, speakers, a Marantz amp, a Denon amp, and
> >> plenty of dust.
> >> I haven't gone through any of that stuff in about 20 years.
> >>

> > My Marantz amp=pre amp just sits on a shelf, connected to nothing. At
> > one time I thought I would use it for TV surround sound, but current
> > systems are so good and so cheap, that it is not good for anything but
> > an honorable retirement.

> My Marantz is good old authodox stereo, as is the Denon. The Denon had
> AV I/O, but was never used for such.
> It makes me a little sad to have retired them, but I find comfort in
> the thought I never had the extra cash to buy the Macintosh, Levinson
> or PS Audio amps I lusted for back in those days.
>
> A few years ago I thought of dragging out my JBL speakers. When I
> checked them they had suffered terminal woofer rot So they sit out
> there with good thoughts of a repair/driver replacement some day.

You don't need no steenkin' "amp=pre amp" equipment, dog! I own a
"lowly" Sony STR-DG720 (105 watts x 7.1 channel A/V receiver, with
three HDMI inputs) and it really enhances my home theater system.

"Iron Man" (200 happened to be among the first Blu-rays that I'd
viewed, with the STR-DG720 connected; it was the best-sounding movie
I've ever heard. (Very crisp and clear, with thunderous base coming
from my KLH 200W amplified subwoofer.)

Albeit, this particular disc boasts the most dazzling video and
audio quality, of all the motion pictures in my collection.

--
Cordially,
John Turco <(E-Mail Removed)>

John Turco

Savageduck wrote:

> On 2010-06-29 20:11:37 -0700, John Turco <(E-Mail Removed)> said:
>
> > Savageduck wrote:

> >> My Marantz is good old authodox stereo, as is the Denon. The Denon had
> >> AV I/O, but was never used for such.
> >> It makes me a little sad to have retired them, but I find comfort in
> >> the thought I never had the extra cash to buy the Macintosh, Levinson
> >> or PS Audio amps I lusted for back in those days.
> >>
> >> A few years ago I thought of dragging out my JBL speakers. When I
> >> checked them they had suffered terminal woofer rot So they sit out
> >> there with good thoughts of a repair/driver replacement some day.

> > You don't need no steenkin' "amp=pre amp" equipment, dog! I own a
> > "lowly" Sony STR-DG720 (105 watts x 7.1 channel A/V receiver, with
> > three HDMI inputs) and it really enhances my home theater system.
> >
> > "Iron Man" (200 happened to be among the first Blu-rays that I'd
> > viewed, with the STR-DG720 connected; it was the best-sounding movie
> > I've ever heard. (Very crisp and clear, with thunderous base coming
> > from my KLH 200W amplified subwoofer.)
> >
> > Albeit, this particular disc boasts the most dazzling video and
> > audio quality, of all the motion pictures in my collection.

> Well, I was refering to audio equipment of a much earlier vintage,
> around 1975. No Blu-Ray back then.

Oh, my mistake! I simply failed to realize that your Marantz and
Denon beasts are such prehistoric relics.

Did electrification even >exist<, back in 1975? I believe some
parts of our planet (e.g., Oklahoma) are still waitng for such
"advanced" technology to arrive. (Indoor plumbing is on the
horizon, though.)

--
Cordially,
John Turco <(E-Mail Removed)>