Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > exporting 900 PDF files as an Accessible Text file using batch processing

Reply
Thread Tools

exporting 900 PDF files as an Accessible Text file using batch processing

 
 
r
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-06-2010

I have 900 PDF files in a directory. I need to export each of them to an
Accessible Text file which I can do by opening each file using Acrobat 9
Professional choosing option File->Export->Text->Text(Accessible).

Is there a way I can do all of them at once, by using Advanced->Document
Processing->Batch Processing options. I tried that, but did not see an
option while creating a new sequence. I saw choice of Export All Images
as JPEG, PNG, TIFF.

Any suggestions would be welcome.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
chuckcar
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-06-2010
r <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:hueqao$hr7$(E-Mail Removed):

>
> I have 900 PDF files in a directory. I need to export each of them to an
> Accessible Text file which I can do by opening each file using Acrobat 9
> Professional choosing option File->Export->Text->Text(Accessible).
>
> Is there a way I can do all of them at once, by using Advanced->Document
> Processing->Batch Processing options. I tried that, but did not see an
> option while creating a new sequence. I saw choice of Export All Images
> as JPEG, PNG, TIFF.
>
> Any suggestions would be welcome.
>

No using Adobe software. However, there are open source and shareware packages
which does translation of PDF to almost any other format you could care to
name, including straight unformatted text.

http://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-...&q=pdf+to+text

That above is a hint BTW. Google exists for a reason, not just to create
insanely high stock prices.

--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
r
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-06-2010
On 6/6/2010 11:35 AM, chuckcar wrote:
> r<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:hueqao$hr7$(E-Mail Removed):
>
>>
>> I have 900 PDF files in a directory. I need to export each of them to an
>> Accessible Text file which I can do by opening each file using Acrobat 9
>> Professional choosing option File->Export->Text->Text(Accessible).
>>
>> Is there a way I can do all of them at once, by using Advanced->Document
>> Processing->Batch Processing options. I tried that, but did not see an
>> option while creating a new sequence. I saw choice of Export All Images
>> as JPEG, PNG, TIFF.
>>
>> Any suggestions would be welcome.
>>

> No using Adobe software.


Yes, it can be using Acrobat 9 Professional by using Advanced->Document
-> Processing->Batch Processing options->New Sequence->Give the sequence
a name you want and in the next window there is a button called Output
Options ->Export File to Alternative Format (in that Export to choose
Text(Accessible).

>However, there are open source and shareware packages
> which does translation of PDF to almost any other format you could care to
> name, including straight unformatted text.
>
> http://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-...&q=pdf+to+text
>
> That above is a hint BTW. Google exists for a reason, not just to create
> insanely high stock prices.


I know Google exists for a reason, but rather than downloading open
source/shareware packages and trying if they do it or not, it is easier
if I could find a way of doing it in a software(Acrobat 9 Professional)
I have. Most shareware packages have a limit of pages. Using Acrobat
Professional I could do the conversion of 900 files in an hour or so
whereas searching Google, testing different software products would take
more than few hours assuming I found a free/open source/shareware
package which could do it.


Thanks for your advice. I appreciate that you tried to help me.


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
PDF::Writer, create pdf and insert in other pdf file. Ricardo Pog Ruby 1 03-26-2008 08:24 PM
GUIDE: Using xtopdf to create PDF from text and DBF files (including creating simple PDF e-books) vasudevram Python 0 07-22-2006 04:41 PM
Dual Processing Athlon Workstation/Server for under $2,900 /w 2GB SD RAM included. Franz Kafka C++ 3 11-17-2003 09:17 PM
Dual Processing Athlon Workstation/Server for under $2,900 /w 2GB SD RAM included. Franz Kafka C Programming 1 11-13-2003 05:42 PM
900/900 OS :D g00se A+ Certification 1 09-26-2003 06:03 PM



Advertisments