Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Re: Vance? Where's YOUR Handheld Insects in Flight Macro Photos?!?

Re: Vance? Where's YOUR Handheld Insects in Flight Macro Photos?!?

Vance

On Jun 3, 3:35*am, LOL! <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hey Vance, we're all still waiting to see what you can do with that piece
> of **** DSLR of yours. It was YOUR challenge. Are you still going to
> pussy-out on it?
>
> LOL!

Yes, it's my challenge to you to show that the shot is a 'cinch' taken
the way you describe.
The subject matter and conditions are chosen so that you can't lie
about the image as you tried to do with all the others. Since you'er
the one making the assertions and claims, you're the one that needs to
back them up.

No cooling an insect down and taking picture after picture while it
warms up and takes off or other techniques and then claiming you got
it through the superiority of your P&S camera and highly developed
skill set.

Also, remember, you're claiming a MACRO shot and you're composing and
keeping a changing focal point according to your claims. Also, you're
implying that you are taking the 'cinch' shots of an insect already in
free flight. My challenge to you is to produce an image that supports
all that including the EXIF info and a commonly available insect. A
house fly, with it's transparent wings (to make it harder to photoshop
a composite), and an identifiable (even though blurred) background to
provide supporting context, would let you strut your stuff.

Since I haven't made any claims that have to be supported, there isn't
any challenge for me to meet.

The key thing is producing a macro image of an insect ALREADY in free
flight before you click the shutter. One that isn't prone to hovering
like a bee or dragonfly and the visual context supports the image
being taken in a natural environment.

Vance

Vance

On Jun 5, 6:14*pm, LOL! <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Sat, 5 Jun 2010 17:14:15 -0700 (PDT), Vance <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>

> >On Jun 3, 3:35 am, LOL! <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >> Hey Vance, we're all still waiting to see what you can do with that piece
> >> of **** DSLR of yours. It was YOUR challenge. Are you still going to
> >> pussy-out on it?

> >> LOL!

> >Yes, it's my challenge to you to show that the shot is a 'cinch' taken
> >the way you describe.
> >The subject matter and conditions are chosen so that you can't lie
> >about the image as you tried to do with all the others. *Since you'er
> >the one making the assertions and claims, you're the one that needs to
> >back them up.

> >No cooling an insect down and taking picture after picture while it
> >warms up and takes off or other techniques and then claiming you got
> >it through the superiority of your P&S camera and highly developed
> >skill set.

> >Also, remember, you're claiming a MACRO shot and you're composing and
> >keeping a changing focal point according to your claims. *Also, you're
> >implying that you are taking the 'cinch' shots of an insect already in
> >free flight. *My challenge to you is to produce an image that supports
> >all that including the EXIF info and a commonly available insect. *A
> >house fly, with it's transparent wings (to make it harder to photoshop
> >a composite), and an identifiable (even though blurred) background to
> >provide supporting context, would let you strut your stuff.

> >Since I haven't made any claims that have to be supported, there isn't
> >any challenge for me to meet.

> >The key thing is producing a macro image of an insect ALREADY in free
> >flight before you click the shutter. *One that isn't prone to hovering
> >like a bee or dragonfly and the visual context supports the image
> >being taken in a natural environment.

> >Vance

> As I already said, AND PROVED with photographic evidence, it's already been
> done. By myself. With HANDHELD P&S CAMERAS. MANY MANY TIMES! Any LCD
> viewfinder essential to be able to accomplish this task. Remember? That's
> what started your ignorant and inexperienced whining of a troll. You
> claiming that an LCD viewfinder is useless. (Because you don't even know
> how to use one to your benefit.)
>
> Now, where's your proof that you can do the same with your PIECE OF ****
> DSLRs?!?
>
> LOL!
>
> I just love watching you continuing to make a total fool of yourself.
>
> Do it some more!
>
> Can you show us some more of your panoramas where buildings are tilted
> every which way because you don't even know how to do something that simple
> the correct way? Those are a HOOT!
>
> LOL!- Hide quoted text -

Please, find any place where I have ever claimed a LCD viewfinder is
useless. Find any place where I have said that a P&S camera can't
take good shots when the photographer can. By the way, post an image
that you have taken which meets the criteria for an insect already in
free flight in a natural context taken handheld.

The only truths about your images is that you lie about them and the
subjects are correctly identified.

Vance

Vance

On Jun 5, 7:36*pm, LOL! <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Sat, 5 Jun 2010 19:18:58 -0700 (PDT), Vance <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
> >By the way, post an image
> >that you have taken which meets the criteria for an insect already in
> >free flight in a natural context taken handheld.

> Already done. MANY MANY TIMES. Did you also miss the one of the 4mm long
> insect in flight taken with a 10x close-up lens on a handheld P&S camera
> also using available light? That's my all-time favorite. The greatest test
> of handheld macrophotography of insects-in-flight in available light alone
> with which I've ever challenged myself. The insect in perfect focus filling
> the full frame. I love that shot. A pure testament to where skill, combined
> with the proper tools, can achieve anything.
>
> So you missed my posting of that shot last year? Where all the trolls just
> like you jumped around like fools for a week claiming I stole that shot, or
> edited the EXIF, or must have taken it with a DSLR? (Just like you did this
> last time, claiming I steal photos, when in fact you PROVED that you are
> the one that steals others photos.) **** that was funny last year. Still
> is! LOL!
>
> (btw: my lawyers are assessing your worth, so far it looks like you don't
> own ****)
>
> Snooze, ya lose! You snapshooting ****wad of a **** troll!
>
> Do you always lie this much just to troll a newsgroup?
>
> LOL!

I'm glas your lawyers are hard at work. I will be expecting to hear
from them in the next week then?

Which images did I steal? Please be specific so that I can put them
back up and have you confirm that they have been stolen and/or
misattributed. It will be a big help if you are specific.

Vance

Vance

On Jun 5, 9:14*pm, LOL! <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Sat, 5 Jun 2010 20:48:49 -0700 (PDT), Vance <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>

> >Which images did I steal? *Please be specific so that I can put them
> >back up and have you confirm that they have been stolen and/or
> >misattributed. *It will be a big help if you are specific.

> No need for you to put them (it) back up.
>

> >Path:npeersf02.iad.highwinds-media.com!npeer02.iad.highwinds-media.com!new*s.highwinds-media.com!feed-me.highwinds-media.com!postnews.google.com!t34g2*000prd.googleg roups.com!not-for-mail
> >From: Vance <(E-Mail Removed)>
> >Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
> >Subject: LOL just gets funnier all the time!!
> >Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2010 20:12:45 -0700 (PDT)
> >Organization:http://groups.google.com

> >KOK, AKA, AKA, ad infinitum got caught lieing about another of his
> >images. *He came back with his usual response, which is insult and
> >distraction, etc. *The usual stuff when he gets caught with his pants
> >down. *That makes it 5/5 my favor. *He pulled it down, but here is the
> >shot:

> >http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo...P0Mg?feat=dire....

> Downsized copy of original with copyright notification "Photographs are the
> copyrighted property of each photographer listed. Contact individual
> photographers for permission to use for any purpose." is found on this
> page:
>
> http://mothphotographersgroup.msstat...p?hodges=08262
>
> I retain the full-size image (with many similar images in the set) to prove
> you have stolen it for your own purposes. You do understand the words "for
> any purpose", do you not?
>
> I could easily report you for theft and copyright infringement to
> picasa.google abuse department with a few mouse-clicks, but they'd only
> demand you remove it or close your account. I've played this game before
> with useless basement-life ****head trolls like you, many times. Reporting
> you to google is just not as profitable to me. And you wouldn't have
> learned a damn thing. You'd continue to steal photos of others for your own
> use, just as you always have.
>
> LOL!!!!!!- Hide quoted text -

Perhaps you don't know of any photos that I have stolen from others?
That would be telling. Now, as soon as your lawyers contact me, we
can move on to the end game.

Vance