Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Re: General questions - where & how

Re: General questions - where & how

Terry Reedy

On 6/4/2010 1:35 PM, Philip Semanchuk wrote:

> On Jun 4, 2010, at 1:22 PM, Uriah Eisenstein wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>> I'm relatively new to Python and have a few questions. Frankly, it
>> took me a
>> while to find on python.org what seems like a suitable place to post my
>> questions. However, I'd like to check the archives and see if they
>> haven't
>> been discussed already...

> Good thinking!
>

>> But I don't find a Search function. Is there such
>> a thing?

> I use Google's "site" keyword search. e.g. to search the archives for
> "banana":
> http://www.google.com/search?q=site%...ist%2F++banana

One can also search mailing lists mirrored and archived by gmane
http://search.gmane.org/
This is gmane.comp.python.general. There are about 200 other g.c.python
lists/groups that are more specialized. I have no idea about comparitive
performance.

Terry Jan Reedy

Gabriel Genellina

On 4 jun, 14:54, Terry Reedy <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On 6/4/2010 1:35 PM, Philip Semanchuk wrote:
> > On Jun 4, 2010, at 1:22 PM, Uriah Eisenstein wrote:

> >> I'm relatively new to Python and have a few questions. Frankly, it
> >> took me a
> >> while to find on python.org what seems like a suitable place to post my
> >> questions. However, I'd like to check the archives and see if they
> >> haven't
> >> been discussed already...

> > I use Google's "site" keyword search. e.g. to search the archives for
> > "banana":
> >http://www.google.com/search?q=site%...Fpipermail%2Fp...

> This is gmane.comp.python.general. There are about 200 other g.c.python
> lists/groups that are more specialized. I have no idea about comparitive
> performance.

In addition, Google Groups mirrors this list too as
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.python/

--
Gabriel Genellina