Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > caching images

caching images

sviau

What response headers should i be using to make that images on my web page
(images hosted on seperate web server than page) are cached

thanks
stephane

Kevin Spencer

By default, they are (that is, if you're talking about at the browser).

--
HTH,
Kevin Spencer

"sviau" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> What response headers should i be using to make that images on my web page
> (images hosted on seperate web server than page) are cached
>

> thanks
> stephane

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi sviau,

Thanks for posting in the community!
From your description, you are looking for some means to force the client
side cache the images in web page,yes?

As for this question, I agree with Kevin that this behavior is by default
implemented by the brower, since it'll cache the certain resource when
first time request it and retrieve it from the client cache for later
using. So we needn't provide additional operations. However, we need to add
custom headers or use some additional approachs if we want to force the
client browser not use the cache. And here is a kb article discussing on
this topic:

#HOWTO: Force Graphics to Always Download to Client
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=246960

Please check out the suggestion. If you feel anything unclear, please feel
free to post here.

Regards,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
rights.)

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi sviau,

Have you had a chance to check out the preceding suggestions or have you
got any further ideas on this issue? If you need any questions, please feel