Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP.NET and Word documents

ASP.NET and Word documents

cgia

I need to generate and save documents from the browser in ASP.NET.
I have read all the documentation in the newsgroups and I am aware
that MS Word is not recommended to be used server-side etc...

My idea is to display a word template in the browser (as a stream),
filling it in with data from the database, allow editing to the user
and save the document back, first to a local temp folder and then into
the DB.

Do you have any better idea? Any comment?

Thanks!