Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > General Computer Discussion > General Computer Support > DHCP Client issues

DHCP Client issues

06-01-2010
Hello there... I have Windows XP on a Dell and I recently I've had some issues with connecting to the internet. At home (wireless) and at school (LAN) both have given me issues. Upon some investigation and reading up on websites, I figured out that my DHCP client was stopping for some reason. So I have to go to My Computer > Manage > Services > DHCP Client and turn it on almost once a day. When I restart my computer it usually connects fine, but going into standby messes it up and I have to turn on/off the client and reboot.

I was wondering if there's a way to fix this problem so I don't have to keep doing this? I'm not sure what caused the problem but I am also experiencing a few computer abnormalities... my bar at the bottom of the screen turned to grey (it was blue before) and sometimes my links on the web are randomly redirected. Also I use RocketDock and I usually have to click on the application first to get everything to show up. I'm questioning whether I may have a virus or something infecting my computer and if I should get it checked out. It's just an inconvenience.

Thanks so much,
Dan