Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > C to XML and XML to C

C to XML and XML to C

jacob navia

Hi
Has anyone used or knows about a program that will write out C
structures as XML data?

The hierachical shape of C structures could be well described in XML.
Has anyone heared about a vocabulary description?

XML RPC looked promising but it seems dead.

jacob

Piotr Pietraszkiewicz

Hi

Not exactly what you asked for, but perhaps ASN.1 + XER encoding might be of
interest to you.

Take a look here: http://lionet.info/asn1c/examples.html

Piotr

"jacob navia" <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:hu2cvu$hg8$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi
> Has anyone used or knows about a program that will write out C structures
> as XML data?
>
> The hierachical shape of C structures could be well described in XML.
> Has anyone heared about a vocabulary description?
>
> XML RPC looked promising but it seems dead.
>
> jacob

Spiro Trikaliotis

Hello Jacob,

although OT, a small pointer:

jacob navia <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb:

> Has anyone used or knows about a program that will write out C
> structures as XML data?

What about gSOAP's data binding:

http://www.cs.fsu.edu/~engelen/soapdoc2.html#tth_sEc1.4

(Although the example shows C++, gSOAP can also generate C code.)

gSOAP can do it both ways, at least for SOAP.

Note that I do not advocate gSOAP, it has its own intrinsic problems.

Regards,
Spiro.

--
Spiro R. Trikaliotis http://opencbm.sf.net/
http://www.trikaliotis.net/ http://www.viceteam.org/

jacob navia

Spiro Trikaliotis a écrit :
> Hello Jacob,
>
> although OT, a small pointer:
>
> jacob navia <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb:
>
>> Has anyone used or knows about a program that will write out C
>> structures as XML data?

> What about gSOAP's data binding:
>
> http://www.cs.fsu.edu/~engelen/soapdoc2.html#tth_sEc1.4
>
> (Although the example shows C++, gSOAP can also generate C code.)
>
> gSOAP can do it both ways, at least for SOAP.
>
> Note that I do not advocate gSOAP, it has its own intrinsic problems.
>
> Regards,
> Spiro.

Thanks, that was very interesting.