Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Are you sure you want to send 'Internet Explorer Browser' to the Recycle Bin?

Are you sure you want to send 'Internet Explorer Browser' to the Recycle Bin?

Dave Doe

Of course I'm sure!!!

Who the hell would use IE?

Clearly, not even many folk working for Microsoft (why else would they
be hard at work developing IE9)?

So that's the question...

* do you use IE? If not, what browser do you use?
* do you work for Microsoft and not use IE? If not, do you complain to
the IE team to sort out why it must surely be the slowest browser out
there?

Is there a slower browser than IE8? (no smartarse IE7 answers thanks

--
Duncan.

Sweetpea

On Mon, 31 May 2010 17:04:34 +1200, Dave Doe wrote:

> Is there a slower browser than IE8?

No. MSIE is a pig.

Dave Doe

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,

> Dave Doe wrote:
> > Of course I'm sure!!!
> >
> > Who the hell would use IE?

> Me
>
> >Clearly, not even many folk working for Microsoft (why else would they
> > be hard at work developing IE9)?

> Well, maybe a few, like over half the worlds's internet users ?
>
> > * do you use IE? If not, what browser do you use?

> Yes, And 'various' ,but they usually throw up something that sends me back
> to IE.
>
> >o the IE team to sort out why it must surely be the slowest browser
> > out there?
> >
> > Is there a slower browser than IE8? (no smartarse IE7 answers thanks

> Slower ? My only limit seems to be my ISP speed. And how would you know
> how 'slow' it is if you don't use it ?

I do use it - every day. I support it, almost daily.

Some of the most common problem I get asked to sort out are IE problems
- "the browser doesn't work anymore". Run up in safe-mode and it's
fine, disable all the suspicious looking addons, test - usually does the
job.

And if the PC's more than a couple years old, I show them how must
snappier Google Chrome is. 9/10 don't go back and like having a fast
browser (again).

--
Duncan.