Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > How can I make my site fill the browser height

How can I make my site fill the browser height

Cal Who

How can I make my site fill the browser height.

As it is now it fills the browser's width. I repeat a 1-pixel vertical line
to fill-in the sides.

I put a border about the html and the body and I see they both end at the
bottom of my footer image.

I think I need to extend the body to the bottom of the browser.

I'd like to color the browser area below the footer to match my scheme.

Got any suggestions??

Thank

Cal Who

" Cal Who" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:htuqjm$e70$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org...
> How can I make my site fill the browser height.
>
> As it is now it fills the browser's width. I repeat a 1-pixel vertical
> line to fill-in the sides.
>
> I put a border about the html and the body and I see they both end at the
> bottom of my footer image.
>
> I think I need to extend the body to the bottom of the browser.
>
> I'd like to color the browser area below the footer to match my scheme.
>
> Got any suggestions??
>

> Thank

Simple, (I think)
html {

height: 100%;

background-color:#c3d7ec;

}

or maybe

html, body {

height: 100%;

background-color:#c3d7ec;

}

Are these different.

One better than the other?

Alexey Smirnov

On May 31, 12:59*am, " Cal Who" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> How can I make my site fill the browser height.
>
> As it is now it fills the browser's width. I repeat a 1-pixel vertical line
> to fill-in the sides.
>
> I put a border about the html and the body and I see they both end at the
> bottom of my footer image.
>
> I think I need to extend the body to the bottom of the browser.
>
> I'd like to color the browser area below the footer to match my scheme.
>
> Got any suggestions??
>
> Thank

For all elements like a table you can use javascript or css tricks
like it is explained here: http://apptools.com/examples/tableheight.php

Cal Who

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
On May 31, 12:59 am, " Cal Who" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> How can I make my site fill the browser height.
>
> As it is now it fills the browser's width. I repeat a 1-pixel vertical
> line
> to fill-in the sides.
>
> I put a border about the html and the body and I see they both end at the
> bottom of my footer image.
>
> I think I need to extend the body to the bottom of the browser.
>
> I'd like to color the browser area below the footer to match my scheme.
>
> Got any suggestions??
>
> Thank

For all elements like a table you can use javascript or css tricks
like it is explained here: http://apptools.com/examples/tableheight.php

Thanks